Author Topic: Structured Keywords disappear when upgrading  (Read 3408 times)

Offline coverspot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Structured Keywords disappear when upgrading
« on: December 18, 2007, 02:45:07 AM »
Hi all,

when upgrading from 4.5. to 4.5.3 my structured keywords panel was empty, the backup file couldnĀ“t be imported because PM says "No UTF-file" although correctly exported.

The only help is re-installing Version 4.5 and copying the whole (old) preferences folder from my backup media.

This problem exists since 4.5.1 - does anybody know what to do?

Thanks for your help,

Bernd

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Structured Keywords disappear when upgrading
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 06:31:31 AM »
Bernd,

when upgrading from 4.5. to 4.5.3 my structured keywords panel was empty, the backup file couldnĀ“t be imported because PM says "No UTF-file" although correctly exported.

The only help is re-installing Version 4.5 and copying the whole (old) preferences folder from my backup media.

This problem exists since 4.5.1 - does anybody know what to do?

What OS are you running?  Where in the application do you see this message "No UTF-file"?

-Kirk

Offline coverspot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 11:05:13 AM »
Hi Kirk,

the OS is OS X 10.4.11 on an iBook G4 and the message appears when I try to import the previously exported Panel named Export_UTF-8.txt into the empty Structured Keywords Panel. I have attached the error message.

Best regards

Bernd

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 11:46:31 AM »
Bernd,

the OS is OS X 10.4.11 on an iBook G4 and the message appears when I try to import the previously exported Panel named Export_UTF-8.txt into the empty Structured Keywords Panel. I have attached the error message.

Can you send me your file?  Contact me directly by clicking on my name to the left of this message.  Then click on the "personal message" link.  I will respond with an email address that you can send your file to.

Thanks,

-Kirk