Author Topic: Another Request for Adding Logo Water marks to images  (Read 10813 times)

Offline jwreich

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Another Request for Adding Logo Water marks to images
« on: December 23, 2007, 08:05:59 PM »
From searching the requests, I see this has been requested before. What I didn't see is valid reasons why this is needed by the requesters. Thought I would add my .02

I'm a wedding photographer and batch rename and proof ~ 800 images for my clients. As a previous user of another popular program, I've become accustomed to adding a logo to all of my images to keep my "brand" in view of the client.

With PM, I can only add my name and only in one of 9 locations on the image.

It would be just wonderful if I could place the text or logo based on either a % or with a specific pixel distance from the edge.

As a result I had to build overlay logo images specific to my 600x400 pixel proofs, and my 6"x4" paper proofs. I was able to simply chose the proper logo based on the desired output.

I thing PM is a wonderful program however I would love to see this function added to PM as it is a major part of Wedding and Event Photographer's work flow who must tag images and want to keep our brand in view for the client.

Thanks!

Jesse

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Re: Another Request for Adding Logo Water marks to images
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 12:20:35 PM »
I can add a reason.  With my event photography business, I place an event's logo on the finished photo (usually as part of the arrangement with the event promoter).  This goes in the lower corner of the photo. 

Since each event has its own unique logo (or in some cases, no logo at all), I can't create a universal overlay for my ordering website.  What I would like to do is to have a logo (or two, like BBPro) overlaid on resized images generated through an exporter as a watermark.  That way, in one function, I can set a logo, resize the image, and segregate it for uploading to my site.  Ideally, would like to be able to provide a GIF with transparent areas and be able to combine that with a JPG.  Oh, and while I am at, you might as well allow me to set the opacity for the watermark image(s). :)

Right now, I have to take all my folders and post-process them through BBPro, just to get the logo on the images.

Thanks for considering this for a future release.

-Mike

« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 12:22:32 PM by FairfieldPhoto »

Offline jwreich

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 11:13:44 PM »
Mike I too do this with events and got huge use out of BBPro thanks to this very feature.

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 05:25:09 AM »
Well, that makes 2 of us then.  Anyone else want to weigh in as to the value of this?  Kind of like a petition - the more people on the list, the more likely Camera Bits will consider this as a feature in the future.

-M

Offline jwreich

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 09:38:31 PM »
Wondering if there had been any change in the opinion at PM for adding this functionality? It gets really old going back to BBPro for this one function.

Thanks!

JWR

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 06:05:07 AM »
Wondering if there had been any change in the opinion at PM for adding this functionality? It gets really old going back to BBPro for this one function.

We do want to add such a feature.  It may make it into 4.6 which is currently under development.

-Kirk

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 07:53:04 AM »
Excellent.  You may already have requirements defined for that function, but just for my $0.02 USD worth:

- Overlay image as GIF or JPG (I would like to be able to do transparent portions of the overlay via GIF)
- Some way to have overlay image work on both Landscape and Portrait orientation images and maintain relative proportion within the image.
- Offer this as part of the "Export" and "Save As..." options so when I am generating web thumbnails, I can do the overlay at the same time.
- Allow me control placement of the overlay (like the 3x3 grid offered with the current text overlay).  Also allow me to set a margin so I don't cram the overlay in the very bottom.
- Offer the logo watermark in addition to the copyright watermark so I can control each independently.

I think that should do it :)

-Mike

Offline jwreich

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
AWESOME Kirk!!! I can't say enough.

Keeping transparency would be awesome and possible with PNG, right?
If it were relative via either Pixel or percentage from edge would be universal for both landscape or portrait formats

Realizing I don't know how you could make PM resize the watermark, I would have no problem making a different Logo Overlay for my different sizes (600x600 px, 4x6, 5x7, etc...) It's extra work for me, but I would fully embrace it to have this feature.

Thanks for considering, wedding and portrait photographers around the world will thank you!

JWR

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 09:26:38 PM »
AWESOME Kirk!!! I can't say enough.

Keeping transparency would be awesome and possible with PNG, right?
If it were relative via either Pixel or percentage from edge would be universal for both landscape or portrait formats

Realizing I don't know how you could make PM resize the watermark, I would have no problem making a different Logo Overlay for my different sizes (600x600 px, 4x6, 5x7, etc...) It's extra work for me, but I would fully embrace it to have this feature.

Thanks for considering, wedding and portrait photographers around the world will thank you!

PNG would be the format of choice since GIF only offers 256 colors and no alpha channel for anti-aliasing.  I have this feature on my list for 4.6 but it may not make it into the initial release version.  We'll see.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 10:54:50 PM »

Not only they. Event photography and any other part of photo business putting images to the net that might get desired by others might want this feature. Simply said: anyone who wants to publish an image just for preview.
Me to I can't wait to see it!

For a while I used a Fast Stone utility for watermarking images but lately I left it for PM to do without using graphical watermarks....but would love to do!

- Offer this as part of the "Export" and "Save As..." options so when I am generating web thumbnails, I can do the overlay at the same time.

I would add to this any output formats since PM can "Send via e-mail", and "FTP" or "Upload"images which outputs could benefit this feature too. But since all of them allready has the Watermark option this should maybe be built into the current Watermarking possibilites.

I also hope it can be usad as a text AND watermark option not text OR watermark since adding a prepared logo won't help the need to write some metadata onto the picture some times.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline andreiya93

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 10:29:37 AM »
Why not some vectorial image format ? Then it would be possible to automatically resize the logo to any size (related to the image's size, that's what I'd need) ... and would not lose quality.