Author Topic: Clear ALL IPTC Stationary Pad fields by default  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
Clear ALL IPTC Stationary Pad fields by default
« on: December 25, 2007, 01:01:42 PM »
Kirk,

This goes into the same direction as this request http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=2518.0.

If I open the IPTC Stationary Pad to add for an example only a city to a couple pictures, the next time I use the IPTC Stationary Pad it still has the city field checked and the name shows up from the previous use (or any other filed previously used for that matter).

I just had another incident where by mistake I overwrote the city of almost 2000 pictures because it in the IPTC pad the name and check mark in front of the field was still there from the previous edit. I know I should check EVERY field EACH time when I use the IPTC Pad, but it's very easy to overlook a check mark and a entry (happened more than once).

Can you PLEASE add a preference button where I can check that the IPTC Pad is cleared every time it's opened (or if no preference button, please make it a default).

Thanks a lot and Happy Holidays.

Juerg
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 01:04:41 PM by archer69 »

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Clear ALL IPTC Stationary Pad fields by default
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 04:21:32 AM »
While I can certainly sympathise with you (things like what you described have happened to me too), I've learned my lessons and have become more rigorous at reviewing the IPTC stationary before applying it.  I would strongly vote against it cleaning-up by default, however as this would not be preferable in almost all cases.  Making it an option is all right, I guess though.

Note to Juerg: with one click on the "Clear" button in the IPTC stationary pad, all the previous settings will get erased.  So maybe you could teach yourself to press this button every time you open the IPTC stationary?  (you can actually specify which fields get cleared!  While in the IPTC stationary window, press the "Option/Shift" key and the clear button becomes an "Options" button)

Kirk, if you intend to implement the requested "auto-clear" option, perhaps this option should honour the "Clear IPTC fields" settings as well.  By the way, the "+" tick marks do not get cleared when you clear the fields with the clear button.  Is this intentional or an oversight?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl