Author Topic: Adjusting Capture Dates results in increasing offsets?  (Read 3127 times)

Offline jneun

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Adjusting Capture Dates results in increasing offsets?
« on: December 28, 2007, 07:45:19 PM »
v4.5.3 on Windows XP
I am attempting to set the Capture Date/Time for all images in a folder to the same value.  I select all the images, then "Tools->Adjust Capture Dates and Times..." After setting the Date and Time for the first image I select "Apply".  This results in the first image having the Date and Time I selected with each of the subsequent images having a cumulative increase of 5 minutes and 20 seconds.  I have tried all the settings I could remove the offset but it only works "correctly" on the first image.  Appreciate any suggestions.

Images are tiff from a Nikon scanner.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Adjusting Capture Dates results in increasing offsets?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 10:18:27 PM »
v4.5.3 on Windows XP
I am attempting to set the Capture Date/Time for all images in a folder to the same value.  I select all the images, then "Tools->Adjust Capture Dates and Times..." After setting the Date and Time for the first image I select "Apply".  This results in the first image having the Date and Time I selected with each of the subsequent images having a cumulative increase of 5 minutes and 20 seconds.  I have tried all the settings I could remove the offset but it only works "correctly" on the first image.  Appreciate any suggestions.

Images are tiff from a Nikon scanner.

That tool cannot be made to do what you're trying to do.  It applies a relative time offset to the selected images.  So the behavior you're seeing is its function.

-Kirk

Offline jneun

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 04:06:10 AM »
Might one inquire as to the "proper" way to do what I am trying to accomplish?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 08:52:18 AM »
Might one inquire as to the "proper" way to do what I am trying to accomplish?

There is currently no way to do that in Photo Mechanic.  If you're running Windows, you can use a GUI version of ExifTool to modify your capture time in bulk (Mac OS X users can use a command-line version of ExifTool.)

Here is a link to ExifToolGUI:

http://freeweb.siol.net/hrastni3/foto/exif/exiftoolgui.htm

-Kirk