Author Topic: Credit Field length  (Read 2757 times)

Offline doug3505

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Credit Field length
« on: January 07, 2008, 11:45:20 AM »
I have notice this in the past but did not address it. I work PT for the University at Buffalo and would like to get the U name and my name in the "credit" area. In the past I have filled out the field as "© University at Buffalo | Douglas Levere". No problem with filling that info into the "credit" area. However when it gets to an open file in Photoshop it reads "© University at Buffalo | Dougla" any suggestions on how to get the full credit area to read?

Thanks

Doug

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Credit Field length
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 12:42:10 PM »
Doug,

I have notice this in the past but did not address it. I work PT for the University at Buffalo and would like to get the U name and my name in the "credit" area. In the past I have filled out the field as "© University at Buffalo | Douglas Levere". No problem with filling that info into the "credit" area. However when it gets to an open file in Photoshop it reads "© University at Buffalo | Dougla" any suggestions on how to get the full credit area to read?

What you have listed is longer than 32 characters and while PM does not limit those fields to nearly that short of length some applications will do so.  I'm surprised that Photoshop does.

IPTC4XMP supports much longer strings and is Unicode so it can handle multiple languages.

You could switch to using IPTC4XMP or in addition to using IPTC and recent versions of Photoshop will show the XMP data instead of the IPTC data.

You can control all of this from the IPTC/XMP tab of the Preferences dialog.

-Kirk

Offline doug3505

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Credit Field length
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 01:20:15 PM »
Thanks...

Very interesting, I changed the preferences to show the XMP data when available, which is almost always in my case and all of the copyright info appeared like magic.

Thanks

Doug