Author Topic: Simpleviewer thumb position and version  (Read 5316 times)

Offline william

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Simpleviewer thumb position and version
« on: January 09, 2008, 10:05:21 AM »
On various websites I have seen SimpleViewer slideshows with the thumbnails positioned in a single row below the main image. This doesn't appear to be an option in PM's version of SimpleViewer.

Is this a SimpleViewer Pro thing? Or is this a difference between SimpleViewer ver. 1.7 and 1.8? Or have people with a little skill tinkered with the underlying code in SimpleViewer to get this to happen.

Finally, while we're at it, which version of SimpleViewer is currently installed in PM?

Thanks in advance,

William

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Simpleviewer thumb position and version
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 11:08:27 AM »
William,

On various websites I have seen SimpleViewer slideshows with the thumbnails positioned in a single row below the main image. This doesn't appear to be an option in PM's version of SimpleViewer.

Is this a SimpleViewer Pro thing? Or is this a difference between SimpleViewer ver. 1.7 and 1.8? Or have people with a little skill tinkered with the underlying code in SimpleViewer to get this to happen.

Finally, while we're at it, which version of SimpleViewer is currently installed in PM?

Version 1.8 is what we're using.  I have added the top and bottom options for the exporter in the upcoming 4.6 version.

If you want to hand edit the files temporarily, you can just change the "navPosition" in the gallery.xml file from "left" or "right" to "bottom" and it should work.  Note that the caption text may not be completely visible when the thumbnails are positioned anywhere besides the left or right.

-Kirk

Offline william

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Simpleviewer thumb position and version
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 06:04:44 PM »
Thanks, Kirk.

As usual...really great support.

William