Author Topic: Keyboard shortcut for rename check box not working and select & drag not working  (Read 9175 times)

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Running Tiger on Macbook Pro with PM 4.4.3
The keyboard shortcut to select the check box in rename has stopped working. As advised I deleted the PM preferences file after saving my iptc fields. That did not solve the problem. I tried downloading the software again and reinstalling it - also did not fix it.
New problem - Drag and drop within contact sheet for purposes of copying or moving has stopped working. I can select but cannot move the file in any way. If I go into the finder there is no problem.

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I'm noticing that selecting a file and moving the mouse over others also selects those. I imagine that has something to do with the problem with moving but don't know how to turn that off.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Running Tiger on Macbook Pro with PM 4.4.3
The keyboard shortcut to select the check box in rename has stopped working. As advised I deleted the PM preferences file after saving my iptc fields. That did not solve the problem. I tried downloading the software again and reinstalling it - also did not fix it.

I am not aware of any such keyboard shortcut.  Please explain in further detail.

Quote from: Cosi
New problem - Drag and drop within contact sheet for purposes of copying or moving has stopped working. I can select but cannot move the file in any way. If I go into the finder there is no problem.

There are two cases where you cannot drag files into a contact sheet window: one when the contact sheet window is the result of a Spotlight search, and two, when the contact sheet is a multi-folder contact sheet.

But you should be able to drag out of a contact sheet window no matter what kind it is.  Do you have some special trackpad options enabled, like double-tap drag locking?

-Kirk

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Apple + Option + S is the keyboard shortcut for checking the box in the rename dialogue and has always worked until now.
Apple + Option + A is another shortcut which applies iptc to all files selected in the caption dialogue box and that continues to work w/o any problems.

I don't have any special options selected on my tablet. Drag and drop continues to work as expected outside of PM, within the finder and in other applictions. Are there any preference choices in PM that might be effecting this? As mentioned I had previously deleted my preference file to try and fix the keyboard shortcut problem.

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
The selection problem is stemming from PM behaving as if I were clicking and then scrolling over files even though I am not clicking on anything. It's behaving the same way whether I use the tablet or the trackpad in the computer.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
The selection problem is stemming from PM behaving as if I were clicking and then scrolling over files even though I am not clicking on anything. It's behaving the same way whether I use the tablet or the trackpad in the computer.

What happens if you use a mouse?

-Kirk

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Problem's gone. Did disk permission repair and deleted plist file and drag and drop is working again.
Still can't use keyboard short cut however....

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Problem's gone. Did disk permission repair and deleted plist file and drag and drop is working again.
Still can't use keyboard short cut however....

I tried the keyboard shortcut and it worked fine for me.  Do you have any Input Managers installed?

-Kirk