Author Topic: can PM remembering renaming sequence?  (Read 2959 times)

Offline buz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
can PM remembering renaming sequence?
« on: January 18, 2008, 02:36:12 PM »
Hello,  I am currently running a trial version of  PM. So far very good! The problem I am having is the way I organize my data base. I have 30 categories for my images e.g.   urban landscapes (ub), sport (sp), portraits (pt). I have saved the categories in the renaming  box and ticked the sequence box. As I may have a large number of images to rename after editing I may be using many different categories to label my images. PM renaming  starts as follows, ub001, pt002, pt003, sp004, ub005.
Is there any way PM can remember the last entered individual category numbering sequence, e.g. ub001, pt001, pt002, sp001, ub002. What I have to do at the moment is before I do any renaming I go back to the  records in each category and write down the last recorded image entry so I can start off in the right numbering order for each category. Thanks Buz

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: can PM remembering renaming sequence?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 03:39:09 PM »
Buz,

Hello,  I am currently running a trial version of  PM. So far very good! The problem I am having is the way I organize my data base. I have 30 categories for my images e.g.   urban landscapes (ub), sport (sp), portraits (pt). I have saved the categories in the renaming  box and ticked the sequence box. As I may have a large number of images to rename after editing I may be using many different categories to label my images. PM renaming  starts as follows, ub001, pt002, pt003, sp004, ub005.
Is there any way PM can remember the last entered individual category numbering sequence, e.g. ub001, pt001, pt002, sp001, ub002. What I have to do at the moment is before I do any renaming I go back to the  records in each category and write down the last recorded image entry so I can start off in the right numbering order for each category.

You can use the snapshot button (looks like a lighting bolt) to save the current rename settings.  It won't reset your sequence number for you however.

Other than that, I have no other suggestions.  There is only one sequence number.  If we were to add more of them then you could have a set of running totals.  I'll consider adding that to a future version.

-Kirk