Author Topic: Problem with variables in 4.5.3 Windows  (Read 5333 times)

Offline rgolub

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Problem with variables in 4.5.3 Windows
« on: January 13, 2008, 09:30:52 AM »
In XP SP2 and PM 4.5.3, in the IPTC stationary pad - if I click on the "variable" button, the box pops up and works fine.  If, however, I move to another IPTC field and try to do it again, nothing happens.  I have to get out of the stationary pad and back in to do more than one at a time.

Doesn't happen on my MBP (10.4.10).

Nothing earth shattering but reproduceable.

RG

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problem with variables in 4.5.3 Windows
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 09:44:56 AM »
In XP SP2 and PM 4.5.3, in the IPTC stationary pad - if I click on the "variable" button, the box pops up and works fine.  If, however, I move to another IPTC field and try to do it again, nothing happens.  I have to get out of the stationary pad and back in to do more than one at a time.

Doesn't happen on my MBP (10.4.10).

Nothing earth shattering but reproduceable.

Thanks.  I'll look into it.

-Kirk

Offline William R Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 03:02:34 PM »
Just FYI... could not reproduce the issue.  I tried using the Variables button in the IPTC stationery pad under XP Pro SP2 and PM 4.5.3 and it works fine including when I enter variables in one field after another.  Works fine if I leave the Variables dialog up or close it and then re-open it as I move to another field.

Regards

Bill Wood

Offline rgolub

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 09:24:51 PM »
Interesting.  It's reproducible on *my* XP machine, but as I noted, not on my Mac.  I may have to load PM into Parallels on my MBP and see if it does the same thing.  There are lots of other programs on the Win box, but it's been quite well behaved and I've not noted any other programs misbehaving.

Sigh.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 08:30:17 AM »
Interesting.  It's reproducible on *my* XP machine, but as I noted, not on my Mac.  I may have to load PM into Parallels on my MBP and see if it does the same thing.  There are lots of other programs on the Win box, but it's been quite well behaved and I've not noted any other programs misbehaving.

Could it be that the Variables window is just hidden behind the dialog you're working with?  Try moving the window and dialog so neither obscures the other.

-Kirk