Author Topic: Moving RAW and JPEG files to seperate folders  (Read 7018 times)

Offline NaturePix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Peter Llewellyn Photography
Moving RAW and JPEG files to seperate folders
« on: June 20, 2006, 02:46:10 PM »
I regularly shoot capturing both a RAW and JPEG image which are ingested using Photomechanic. One new feature that would help my workflow tremendously would be if, after sorting and aplying the IPTC captions etc.,  you could simultaneously move the files from the ingest folder to seperate JPEG and RAW folders whilst re-naming both files to the same name (with the appropriate file extension of course)

At the moment I have to rename the files first, then move just the JPEGs, and then, in a seperate step, move the RAW files.

Peter
International Sports, Wildlife and Nature Photography

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Moving RAW and JPEG files to seperate folders
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 03:26:23 PM »
I regularly shoot capturing both a RAW and JPEG image which are ingested using Photomechanic. One new feature that would help my workflow tremendously would be if, after sorting and aplying the IPTC captions etc.,  you could simultaneously move the files from the ingest folder to seperate JPEG and RAW folders whilst re-naming both files to the same name (with the appropriate file extension of course)

At the moment I have to rename the files first, then move just the JPEGs, and then, in a seperate step, move the RAW files.

Why do you need to split them apart?  Photo Mechanic keeps your RAW+JPEGs together so very well, and makes sure that all edits apply equally to both photos (renaming, tagging, color class, captioning, etc.)

You can split the RAW and the JPEGs apart, use a custom sort (use the {type} variable) to sort the JPEGs together and then the RAWs together.  Then shift select all of the RAW files and drag them to your final destination.  Then do a select all and drag the JPEGs to their final destination.  Do all of this after captioning, cropping and renaming.

HTH,

-Kirk