Author Topic: Loosing color class selection after returning from fullscreen preview..  (Read 29156 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Yeah, this is correct..
but the picture will not stay on the screen when i move the slider (thumbnail size) to the right..
since you keep the focus on the upper left picture..
i would love to being able to see the previewed picture on the screen, even when i change the thumbnail size..

I guess most people don't change the thumbnail size slider very often.

It would be neat if computers had some way to 'watch' the user to see which area of the screen that they are looking at.  I could use that to make sure that the thumbnail you're interested in would stay on screen. ;)

-Kirk

Offline emgab

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Good Joke,
but besides.. i don't really care where the picture would be on the screen, as long as i dont have to search for it again, after i allready had previewed it.. Just an example to emphasize my problem:

I'm doing sports.. motorsports as well.. last weekend, i ended up having around 2000 pictures during a 24 hour race.. i did a lot of shots during the training session on Sat.. this shots were on "spare'" since i didn't knew exactly, which team made it through the following hours.. on Sunday, when the race was finished, i had to pick all shots from the right team.. but to see the pictures quality, you need to go to preview.. then go some shots forward in preview.. then come back to contact sheet.. change the thumbnail size to get a better view of similar pictures.. preview the next good one.. stepping on.. and so on.. back and forth..
For me it' essential to hold the last picture selected on the screen, even while i'm changing the thumbnail size.. because in this situation, there is no time for additional searches..
Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I'm doing sports.. motorsports as well.. last weekend, i ended up having around 2000 pictures during a 24 hour race.. i did a lot of shots during the training session on Sat.. this shots were on "spare'" since i didn't knew exactly, which team made it through the following hours.. on Sunday, when the race was finished, i had to pick all shots from the right team.. but to see the pictures quality, you need to go to preview.. then go some shots forward in preview.. then come back to contact sheet.. change the thumbnail size to get a better view of similar pictures.. preview the next good one.. stepping on.. and so on.. back and forth..
For me it' essential to hold the last picture selected on the screen, even while i'm changing the thumbnail size.. because in this situation, there is no time for additional searches..

Until a change is made, if you only have a single photo selected, pressing the right-arrow cursor key followed by a left-arrow cursor key will get your image quickly back on screen again.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline emgab

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I doubt, i have to wait for your change.. because the right - left - arrow does only work in a few cases..
I'm really apreciating your efforts and can wait for yourchange.. maybe it will make it in the next version.
Concerning the colorclass selection.. Now this is really working great.. i'm really loving photomechanic for this type of features and functions.
Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I doubt, i have to wait for your change.. because the right - left - arrow does only work in a few cases..

Really?  What cases does it not work?

-Kirk

Offline emgab

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
hmm.. just to make me understandable.. the keys work at all.. but it's hard to find a rule or relationship about retrieving the selected picture.. i would say going back to the contactsheet from preview, it works three out of five times.. staying in contactsheet and only changing the TN-size it does not work at all.. I'm afraid, the setup of my Laptop is also contributing to this behavior.. i'll watch it for some days.. and try to better characterize the way it works..
Mike