Author Topic: Export to HTML error 4.5.3  (Read 5780 times)

Offline carynlevy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.carynlevy.com
Export to HTML error 4.5.3
« on: January 20, 2008, 10:13:13 AM »
Hi Kirk-
I get the error below every time I try to make a web gallery in 4.5.3. It's been happening since I upgraded to this version. I'm on a G4 PowerBook with OS 10.4.11. Has anybody else reported this error? The only way out is to force quit. I even tried reinstalling but nothing changed. Any thoughts?

"Error initializing the Exporter Dialog. The error was: #,NoMethodError: undefined method '[]' for false:FalseClass>    (eval):410:in 'fetch'    (eval):1388:in 'restore_state'     (eval):467:in 'restore_controls_state' "

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Export to HTML error 4.5.3
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 10:39:18 AM »
Hi Kirk-
I get the error below every time I try to make a web gallery in 4.5.3. It's been happening since I upgraded to this version. I'm on a G4 PowerBook with OS 10.4.11. Has anybody else reported this error? The only way out is to force quit. I even tried reinstalling but nothing changed. Any thoughts?

"Error initializing the Exporter Dialog. The error was: #,NoMethodError: undefined method '[]' for false:FalseClass>    (eval):410:in 'fetch'    (eval):1388:in 'restore_state'     (eval):467:in 'restore_controls_state' "

Not yet.  I'll bring this to the attention of the engineer who wrote the Export template framework.

-Kirk

Offline carynlevy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.carynlevy.com
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 01:22:18 PM »
Thanks Kirk!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 01:29:59 PM »
Caryn,

It is getting an error while restoring your settings.  We don't yet know why that would happen and we would like to get your settings files.  You can find them in the following location:

<your home folder>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic/htmlexport

Please zip up the folder and send it to us.  You can contact me privately for an email address to where you can send the settings.

Then once you have sent them to us, you can delete the "htmlexport" folder and you should be able to use the feature again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Kirk

Offline carynlevy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.carynlevy.com
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »
Thanks Kirk ... That worked! You are a genius!
ps - I sent the zip.

Offline muzdav

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Murray Davidson Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 05:40:42 AM »
Kirk,

I get this same export error on a PC running XP.  I can't find an equivalent htmlexport directory to delete.

"Error initializing the Exporter Dialog.
The error was " #<NoMethodError: undefined method 'find_abs' for PM::DiskUtils:Module>
(eval):531:in 'scan_for_templates'
(eval):509:in 'load_templates'
(eval):407:in 'init_dialog'"

Is there an easy fix for PC?

Murray

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 01:54:50 PM »
Murray,

I get this same export error on a PC running XP.  I can't find an equivalent htmlexport directory to delete.

"Error initializing the Exporter Dialog.
The error was " #<NoMethodError: undefined method 'find_abs' for PM::DiskUtils:Module>
(eval):509:in 'load_templates'
(eval):407:in 'init_dialog'"

Is there an easy fix for PC?

On your Windows system a similar path would be something like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\htmlexport

So you need to find a path like this on your system and delete the 'htmlexport' folder.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline muzdav

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 05:48:24 AM »
I found the directory and deleted it, restarted and still no luck.  I tried re-installing, but no good either.

I'm using v4.5.3.1.

Any more clues?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 06:17:47 AM »
I found the directory and deleted it, restarted and still no luck.  I tried re-installing, but no good either.

I'm using v4.5.3.1.

Any more clues?

Try downloading the 4.5.3.1 installer again from our website and reinstall 4.5.3.1 on your system.

-Kirk

Offline muzdav

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 06:23:29 AM »
That seems to have fixed it!  Yay!  ...and thanks once again for your prompt response.