Author Topic: narrowing the choices in the find box  (Read 2757 times)

Offline John OHara

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
narrowing the choices in the find box
« on: January 21, 2008, 08:13:24 PM »
This year 2008, I wish to ADD , on site viewing for my exhibitor customers. I already provide PM proofs on site in b&w. But they would like to see their images on the computer. We accomodate them doing it manually. I would like to have the current event on a IMAC where they could just put in their name, or horses name. I use {title}, {credit} and {source} for Horse , Rider  and Owner.
If the catalog software is comming shortly that would probably do it. I don't wish to add additional software like portfolio if I can stick with PM. Any ideas ? I would like to copy my web site for on site viewing, but I do not have enough knowledge on how to do that. This will be a stand alone computer with the minimum of software ETC in it. John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: narrowing the choices in the find box
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:03:06 PM »
John,

This year 2008, I wish to ADD , on site viewing for my exhibitor customers. I already provide PM proofs on site in b&w. But they would like to see their images on the computer. We accomodate them doing it manually. I would like to have the current event on a IMAC where they could just put in their name, or horses name. I use {title}, {credit} and {source} for Horse , Rider  and Owner.
If the catalog software is comming shortly that would probably do it. I don't wish to add additional software like portfolio if I can stick with PM. Any ideas ? I would like to copy my web site for on site viewing, but I do not have enough knowledge on how to do that. This will be a stand alone computer with the minimum of software ETC in it.

You wouldn't really need to have cataloging to do what I think you're after.  Just some well-named folders.  For instance if you created a folder for the entire event, and then inside each folder you created a folder named {title} - {credit} - {source} for each group of pictures and lastly put the event folder in the Favorites with that folder expanded, you now have a list of all of the horses, riders and owners.  Just instruct your clients to click on the folder that "belongs" to them and they'll see their pictures.

At the moment that would be a fairly manual process, but in 4.6 you'll be able to do a Save As or a Copy Photos and have it create the above folder structure for you.

-Kirk