Author Topic: Problem sending via FTP  (Read 4142 times)

Offline nharnik

• View Profile
Problem sending via FTP
« on: January 25, 2008, 07:42:14 AM »
Hi Kirk,
PM 4.5.3 Windows XP
Last night, while working from some arena (that has a wireless connection that requires one to input a username/password to get online),
I attempted to FTP an image before inputting the internet access username/password, in effect before I had a wireless connection.
Having realized the image was going nowhere, I closed the FTP send window, (I think still while PM was searching for a connection??), logged on to the wireless provider, and then tried to send the image again, this time with a functioning wireless connection.
Unexpectedly, I could not.
I right-clicked on the image, chose: “Send with FTP” from the menu, the next window where one defines the destination of the image opened, but when I pressed on the OK button, a small new window opened with the error message “There have been errors sending via FTP” (or similar message), and I could not send the image.
This error persisted.
I then sent the image, and several others with another FTP program, thus confirming that my internet and server settings were correct.
All other PM features were working properly.
To solve the FTP issue I had to reboot the computer. PM then resumed it’s well behaved form.
Nati

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problem sending via FTP
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 11:32:49 AM »
Nati,

PM 4.5.3 Windows XP
Last night, while working from some arena (that has a wireless connection that requires one to input a username/password to get online),
I attempted to FTP an image before inputting the internet access username/password, in effect before I had a wireless connection.
Having realized the image was going nowhere, I closed the FTP send window, (I think still while PM was searching for a connection??), logged on to the wireless provider, and then tried to send the image again, this time with a functioning wireless connection.
Unexpectedly, I could not.
I right-clicked on the image, chose: “Send with FTP” from the menu, the next window where one defines the destination of the image opened, but when I pressed on the OK button, a small new window opened with the error message “There have been errors sending via FTP” (or similar message), and I could not send the image.
This error persisted.
I then sent the image, and several others with another FTP program, thus confirming that my internet and server settings were correct.
All other PM features were working properly.
To solve the FTP issue I had to reboot the computer. PM then resumed it’s well behaved form.

Did you try exiting and relaunching Photo Mechanic before you rebooted the computer?

-Kirk

Offline nharnik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 01:53:59 PM »
Kirk,
yes, I did try to quit and restart PM, but it seemed like PM remembered it didn't like me.
I still got the error window.
Only a full computer reboot helped.
n

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 04:50:52 PM »
Nati,

yes, I did try to quit and restart PM, but it seemed like PM remembered it didn't like me.
I still got the error window.
Only a full computer reboot helped.

Could you send me a screen shot of the FTP Connection setting for this account and a screen shot of the FTP As dialog?  Contact me directly for an email address to send to.

Thanks,

-Kirk