Author Topic: PM and Leopard - Spaces problem with dialogs  (Read 4641 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
PM and Leopard - Spaces problem with dialogs
« on: December 07, 2007, 01:37:12 AM »
Hi, dunno if this is Leopard (Spaces) issue or PM dialogs issue, but when I have some non-modal dialog open in PM, like Save As, IPTC Statinery, et cetera, and switch to another Space in Leo, it switches but immediately snatches back to the Space containing PM dialog.

Somewhat of a nuisance actually, as I have e.g. webpage with caption info in another space and switch back and forth.

Thanks Frantisek

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM and Leopard - Spaces problem with dialogs
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 06:40:30 AM »
Frantisek,

Hi, dunno if this is Leopard (Spaces) issue or PM dialogs issue, but when I have some non-modal dialog open in PM, like Save As, IPTC Statinery, et cetera, and switch to another Space in Leo, it switches but immediately snatches back to the Space containing PM dialog.

Somewhat of a nuisance actually, as I have e.g. webpage with caption info in another space and switch back and forth.

Both dialogs you described are modal dialogs.  I'm not sure why it exhibits that behavior, but I doubt that it is anything Photo Mechanic is doing specifically.  I'd expect that it is more of an issue with modal dialogs in general.

Very few dialogs in Photo Mechanic are modeless dialogs.

-Kirk

Offline vassing

• Newcomer
  • Photojournalist
    • View Profile
    • Morten Vassing│Photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 03:13:56 PM »
I just had to go into System Preferences to check something while the Export dialog was open in Lightroom 1.3.1 and that worked like a charm. Went back and exported fine.

I just can't do the same with an open dialog box in PM 4.5.3 in Mac OS X 10.5.1.

Any clues now?

Best,

Morten
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 03:24:13 PM by vassing »
Morten Vassing│Photojournalist - COPENHAGEN│Denmark - Nikon D3│MacBook Pro │ Mac OS X (10.8)│PM5

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 04:44:33 PM »
Morten,

I just had to go into System Preferences to check something while the Export dialog was open in Lightroom 1.3.1 and that worked like a charm. Went back and exported fine.

I just can't do the same with an open dialog box in PM 4.5.3 in Mac OS X 10.5.1.

Any clues now?

Yes, wait for version 4.5.3.1 which fixes that problem.

-Kirk