Author Topic: PM 4.5.3 Starts Automatically  (Read 3564 times)

Offline PaulP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 4.5.3 Starts Automatically
« on: January 26, 2008, 07:03:51 PM »
I reinstalled Mac OS X 10.5 today and did all of the software updates to get it to 10.5.1.  After that I reinstalled all of my applications including PM 4.5.3.  PM is working fine with one minor exception.

Each time I insert a CF card (using an ExpressCard CompactFlash Adapter) PM will start, but it does not display the ingest dialog.  PM also starts automatically each time I place my iPhone in the dock.

I really don't want PM to start automatically as I ingest images via another mechanism.  In PM Preferences I do indeed have "On mount of Camera Disk:" set to "Do nothing".

What can I do to prevent PM from starting when I connect a CF card or my iPhone?  Am I overlooking another Preference setting somewhere?

Any advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Paul

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.5.3 Starts Automatically
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »
Paul,

I reinstalled Mac OS X 10.5 today and did all of the software updates to get it to 10.5.1.  After that I reinstalled all of my applications including PM 4.5.3.  PM is working fine with one minor exception.

Each time I insert a CF card (using an ExpressCard CompactFlash Adapter) PM will start, but it does not display the ingest dialog.  PM also starts automatically each time I place my iPhone in the dock.

I really don't want PM to start automatically as I ingest images via another mechanism.  In PM Preferences I do indeed have "On mount of Camera Disk:" set to "Do nothing".

What can I do to prevent PM from starting when I connect a CF card or my iPhone?  Am I overlooking another Preference setting somewhere?

Yes.  Open up Image Capture (it's in the Applications folder) and choose a different application to open when a card is mounted.

-Kirk

Offline PaulP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM 4.5.3 Starts Automatically
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 07:10:28 PM »
Thank you, Kirk, that did the trick!