Author Topic: Next image in IPTC dialog doesn't advance selected image on Contact Sheet  (Read 5638 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
I thought I saw this working correctly in Beta 2, but now I can't be sure.  When I select an image on the contact sheet then hit "i", I get the IPTC dialog.  Advancing through the images (ALT+SHIFT+]) or using the ">" button does not advance the selected image on the contact sheet to match the image displayed on the IPTC dialog.  Closing the IPTC dialog puts the returns back to the first image selected when "i" was pressed.

Am I doing this correctly or is there a glitch?

-Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I thought I saw this working correctly in Beta 2, but now I can't be sure.  When I select an image on the contact sheet then hit "i", I get the IPTC dialog.  Advancing through the images (ALT+SHIFT+]) or using the ">" button does not advance the selected image on the contact sheet to match the image displayed on the IPTC dialog.  Closing the IPTC dialog puts the returns back to the first image selected when "i" was pressed.

Am I doing this correctly or is there a glitch?

In Preview mode, the selected image is advanced in the background.  In the Contact Sheet, the selection is not changed, but the Contact Sheet is scrolled to show the thumbnail being edited.  I suppose that if there is just one photo selected, the selection could be changed but that is not how it was written to work.

The "major" change was to advance the Preview.  No change was made to the Contact Sheet behavior.  To my knowledge, no one mentioned your issue before now.

-Kirk

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Ahhhhh OK!

I understand the feature now.  I like it!

I was using contact sheet mode with the images set to the largest thumbnail setting so I could read runner numbers and code them into the IPTC field.  Doing it in the Preview mode accomplishes the same thing with an even larger image.

I don't think anything needs to change now.  Thanks for clarifying the feature.

-Mike