Author Topic: close button on every tabbed contactsheet  (Read 5941 times)

Offline broke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
close button on every tabbed contactsheet
« on: February 02, 2008, 02:39:05 AM »
please consider placing a small "X" close button on the right side of every tabbed contact sheet. it would mean the width of the tabs would grow wider to accommodate the close button.

an example of this is Mozilla Firefox and Opera web browsers.

Portable Application's version of Notepad++ Portable has in it's options menu, the choice to put the "X" close button on every tab or just one "X" close button like the way it is now in PhotoMechanic 4.5.3 Windows.

the thought behind this request is that it means moving the mouse around a little bit less and to try to get things done on deadline faster with less hunting around for buttons.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 02:40:50 AM by broke »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: close button on every tabbed contactsheet
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 06:47:05 AM »
please consider placing a small "X" close button on the right side of every tabbed contact sheet. it would mean the width of the tabs would grow wider to accommodate the close button.

an example of this is Mozilla Firefox and Opera web browsers.

Portable Application's version of Notepad++ Portable has in it's options menu, the choice to put the "X" close button on every tab or just one "X" close button like the way it is now in PhotoMechanic 4.5.3 Windows.

the thought behind this request is that it means moving the mouse around a little bit less and to try to get things done on deadline faster with less hunting around for buttons.

The tabs come from third-party framework which does not offer such a feature.  If it did, I would have activated that feature long ago.

-Kirk

Offline broke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 04:30:54 AM »
ok.

thanks for your time to explain it.

Offline IanGoldstein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 11:23:02 AM »
Would a right-click menu for the tabs be an option? That would let you add a "Close" menu item, as well as others.

-Ian

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 12:48:52 PM »
Ian,

Would a right-click menu for the tabs be an option? That would let you add a "Close" menu item, as well as others.

When I looked into it before it didn't have any support for contextual menus either.  From what I understand, Microsoft has recommitted itself to supporting MFC apps and is planning some really nice additions to MFC, including tabbed document windows similar to Visual Studio.  I would like to use those new classes to redo the GUI and I know that the Visual Studio ones definitely do have support for contextual menus.

-Kirk