Author Topic: Emailing Photos in a Certain Order  (Read 7600 times)

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
Emailing Photos in a Certain Order
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:04:41 AM »
How would I go about placing photos in order in an email so that they show up in a desired sequence, such as photo 1,7,5,3? I'm using OS 10.4.11 and PM 4.5.3. Thanks, Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Emailing Photos in a Certain Order
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:27:22 AM »
Richard,

How would I go about placing photos in order in an email so that they show up in a desired sequence, such as photo 1,7,5,3? I'm using OS 10.4.11 and PM 4.5.3.

Rearrange the order of the images on the contact sheet before you email them.  In version 4.5 you can rearrange photos to any desired order.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 10:15:15 AM »
Kirk: Have searched the manual and can't find any info to do what you suggest. Have also tried dropping/dragging, control clicking and every other sort of clicking known to man. Have also looked and tried at the options in the tool bars to no avail. I'm sure the answer is obvious, but not to me. Can you please provide very explicit instructions? Thanks, Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 10:44:38 AM »
Richard,

Kirk: Have searched the manual and can't find any info to do what you suggest. Have also tried dropping/dragging, control clicking and every other sort of clicking known to man. Have also looked and tried at the options in the tool bars to no avail. I'm sure the answer is obvious, but not to me. Can you please provide very explicit instructions? Thanks, Richard

Change the Sort popup menu in the toolbar to "Arrangement".  Then click on a photo and release the mouse button to select it.  Then click and drag it to the desired location.  You'll see a blinking cursor which represents where your image will go.  Groups of images can also be dragged to a new location in this manner.

If you uncheck the "Only allow arrangements to occur when in Arrangement sort mode" checkbox in the Contact Sheet tab of the Preferences dialog, then you can rearrange photos with any sort active.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 10:09:07 AM »
Kirk: thanks for the prompt response. I was clicking, but not releasing on a selected photo. Thus, it would not move. Thanks again, Richard.

Offline Al

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 07:13:48 PM »
Kirk, I have the photos arranged on the contact sheet in order: numbers 0711,12,13, and 14.  But when I select them, right click, and select email selected photos, they go in reverse order: 0714, 13,12, 11.  How do I get them to go in the order they're shown on the contact sheet.  Thanks, Al.

Offline Al

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 07:17:03 PM »
Followup:  I just noticed that in the email that was sent, the file attachments listed in the "attachments" box, at the top of the email, are shown in reverse order.  But the actual pictures in the body of the email itself showed up in the correct order.  Al.