Author Topic: Color Code saved  (Read 5299 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Color Code saved
« on: February 07, 2008, 06:55:39 AM »
Maybe I shouldn't be surprised but - I downloaded an image used on the web by a client to check on the caption info & see if my exif info (copyright) was still there. To my amazement not only was my info still there but when I looked at the image in photomechanic the color code was there also.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Color Code saved
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 05:37:47 AM »
I'm not sure I understand, is this a complaint, or are you just happy?  Furthermore, did you or your client upload/create the image?  If it was you, and you used PM to generate the WEB image, then the result should NOT surprise you if you told PM not to remove the EXIF info (if you did tell PM to remove the info, you've just found a bug, but I doubt it  ;)).

Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 06:42:35 AM »
Hayo,

I'm not sure I understand, is this a complaint, or are you just happy?  Furthermore, did you or your client upload/create the image?  If it was you, and you used PM to generate the WEB image, then the result should NOT surprise you if you told PM not to remove the EXIF info (if you did tell PM to remove the info, you've just found a bug, but I doubt it  ;)).

I don't think he was complaining.  And the color class information is not stored in EXIF by the way...

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 06:50:45 AM »
Not a complaint -I just thought it was interesting that it remained.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com