Author Topic: Rotating Photos  (Read 4921 times)

Offline magendim

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rotating Photos
« on: February 10, 2008, 04:23:17 PM »
Hello - I just started using PM about a month ago - great prodcut so far, but have a simple question about rotating photos.  When I rotate a photo in PM, it rotates it in the PM view, but if I view the photo in Explorer, it is not rotated.  I uses anothert tool to upload photos, so it sees the Explorer view (photos NOT rotated).

Am I doing something incorrectly or does PM just rotate the view and not the actual photo?  Is there a way to actually rotate the photo or do I have to do this in Photoshop or Explorer?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rotating Photos
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 06:03:47 PM »
Hello - I just started using PM about a month ago - great prodcut so far, but have a simple question about rotating photos.  When I rotate a photo in PM, it rotates it in the PM view, but if I view the photo in Explorer, it is not rotated.  I uses anothert tool to upload photos, so it sees the Explorer view (photos NOT rotated).

Am I doing something incorrectly or does PM just rotate the view and not the actual photo?  Is there a way to actually rotate the photo or do I have to do this in Photoshop or Explorer?

You didn't mention the file format of the images that you want to rotate, but if they're JPEGs, you can use the "Apply Rotation" command on the Tools menu.  This will perform a hard-rotation of the image data which should cause the image to appear in every application.

HTH,

-Kirk