Author Topic: Find and Replace suggestions  (Read 3734 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
Find and Replace suggestions
« on: March 02, 2008, 01:50:13 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I use the excellent Find and Replace feature quite extensively and have a couple of suggestions for improvements:

- Is it possible to add a Save feature to the Find and Replace window (similar to the "lightning bolt" save feature in other windows)? I often need to find & replace the same information and this would be a very useful shortcut.

- Is it possible to add the filename as a place to also apply the find & replace? I generally caption & rename all my images first, then select two sets for different clients. I have to change just part of the filename for the second client so doing a simple find & replace on the filename would be a great help.

Cheers,

Paul Smith

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Find and Replace suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 03:53:28 PM »
Paul,

I use the excellent Find and Replace feature quite extensively and have a couple of suggestions for improvements:

- Is it possible to add a Save feature to the Find and Replace window (similar to the "lightning bolt" save feature in other windows)? I often need to find & replace the same information and this would be a very useful shortcut.

Sure.  I'll try to add it in 4.6.

Quote from: Paul Smith
- Is it possible to add the filename as a place to also apply the find & replace? I generally caption & rename all my images first, then select two sets for different clients. I have to change just part of the filename for the second client so doing a simple find & replace on the filename would be a great help.

That feature is scheduled for 4.6 but it may not make it into the initial version.

-Kirk