Author Topic: Nikon D100 Previews  (Read 3708 times)

Offline theim

• View Profile
Nikon D100 Previews
« on: February 12, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »
Is there any way PM can display a larger preview for RAW files (NEF files) captured with a Nikon D100?
If I leave the zoom ratio at native resolution (level 1), PM displays the embedded jpg at a resolution which is roughly 570 px on the long side.

Upping the zoom to the next level (level 2) fills the screen, but image quality is lacking.

I'm reasonably sure this is because the embedded jpg in D100 images is small to begin with.
Still, if there's a solution, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,
Tom Heim

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Nikon D100 Previews
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 03:27:20 PM »
Tom,

Is there any way PM can display a larger preview for RAW files (NEF files) captured with a Nikon D100?
If I leave the zoom ratio at native resolution (level 1), PM displays the embedded jpg at a resolution which is roughly 570 px on the long side.

Upping the zoom to the next level (level 2) fills the screen, but image quality is lacking.

I'm reasonably sure this is because the embedded jpg in D100 images is small to begin with.
Still, if there's a solution, I'd love to hear it.

What you're seeing is the highest resolution preview that is in a native D100 NEF file.  You can use Capture NX or NPrevCreator3 to generate higher resolution previews in your D100 NEF files.

-Kirk

Offline theim

• View Profile
Re: Nikon D100 Previews
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 01:45:08 PM »
OK - Thanks, Kirk.