Author Topic: Live slide show unusual behaviour  (Read 3405 times)

Offline bkerley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Live slide show unusual behaviour
« on: February 17, 2008, 12:39:02 PM »
Not sure I really understand the functionality of the "Live Slide Show" under the File Menu in 4.5.3 for Mac (running on a Macbook Pro-Intel).  When I start it, and select a folder, and ask it to run a live slide show with a seven second shot of each slide, it always starts with the same slide in the middle of the pack, #25, shows that slide for 7 seconds, and then the rest for 5.  When I escape, and click on "Restart from First Photo", it in fact starts from the SECOND photo in the folder (#2), not the first, and displays the slide for 7 seconds, and then continues on at 5 seconds per slide.  If I then escape, and start the show again, it goes back to that same slide #25 every time.  So what is this function actually supposed to do?  What is the difference between live slide show under the file menu and "slide show" under the image menu?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live slide show unusual behaviour
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 02:25:06 PM »
Not sure I really understand the functionality of the "Live Slide Show" under the File Menu in 4.5.3 for Mac (running on a Macbook Pro-Intel).  When I start it, and select a folder, and ask it to run a live slide show with a seven second shot of each slide, it always starts with the same slide in the middle of the pack, #25, shows that slide for 7 seconds, and then the rest for 5.  When I escape, and click on "Restart from First Photo", it in fact starts from the SECOND photo in the folder (#2), not the first, and displays the slide for 7 seconds, and then continues on at 5 seconds per slide.  If I then escape, and start the show again, it goes back to that same slide #25 every time.  So what is this function actually supposed to do?  What is the difference between live slide show under the file menu and "slide show" under the image menu?

The Live Slide Show "watches" a folder for new files.  When they arrive, they are shown.

-Kirk