Author Topic: Speed of Editing over Network  (Read 2648 times)

Offline doug3505

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Speed of Editing over Network
« on: February 20, 2008, 07:53:14 AM »
I work in an office where PM is on several machines including mine. In the past it was great for editing. I could select images at times looking at 100% for focus and work very quickly. Other peers machines did not work that fast.

I have to tell you that all of our images are on a network and I am sure that has something to do with the delay. My current issue is that my machine is slowing down when I have to edit and view at 100%. The images (Fuji S3 RAF images 12.4 megs) delay in viewing, sometimes the image goes from not there to very chunky, to fine but pixelated, to sharp. When slow each image can take up to 10-15 seconds to view. Too long to edit.

Any advise would help. Also would increasing the Disk Cache help and too what size?

Thanks

Doug

Offline doug3505

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Speed of Editing over Network
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 08:26:32 AM »
I might have found my answer. The preference, under RAW, Enabel RAW Rendering was checked, and the f"or RAW only" what was selected was "Render RAW for preview" I just changed it to "use embedded jpeg preview" and I got the speed back. No waiting now. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Doug