Author Topic: Text exporter question  (Read 2428 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Text exporter question
« on: February 23, 2008, 01:23:42 AM »
As I understand Text Exporter can create a separate file for all images the exported infos are used from or it can put everything into one file repeating the parts of text entered in the text box as many times as many images are selected for the text export.

This enables one to generate files for lots of uses (like RSS feeds, or even certain HTML files too) but is there any way to have a portion of the generated file (practicaly a begginning and an end section would be the best) to be entered into the generated file using PM's variables but not repeating every time along with picture details.

If it is possible please let me know how!
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Text exporter question
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 07:51:09 AM »
As I understand Text Exporter can create a separate file for all images the exported infos are used from or it can put everything into one file repeating the parts of text entered in the text box as many times as many images are selected for the text export.

This enables one to generate files for lots of uses (like RSS feeds, or even certain HTML files too) but is there any way to have a portion of the generated file (practicaly a begginning and an end section would be the best) to be entered into the generated file using PM's variables but not repeating every time along with picture details.

If it is possible please let me know how!

No, it is not possible currently, but I think that's a great idea.  I can see how that would be useful and I will see what I can do to get that into the 4.6 version.

-Kirk

[EDIT:] I have completed the feature and it will definitely be in the 4.6 release version.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 08:25:20 AM by Kirk Baker »

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Text exporter question
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 10:38:52 PM »
Thanks Kirk!

It is great to hear!

But anyway PM is usually capable to do even those things it seemingly cannot for the first sight. It is amazing how many programs can be avoided if PM is used mindfully.

Keep up the great work!
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com