Author Topic: Where is the Iview Media Pro 3 field persons in PM 4.5.3  (Read 14042 times)

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Where is the Iview Media Pro 3 field persons
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 04:07:55 PM »
Just wanted to bring this topic up again because it seems that PM still does not read the person IPTC field written in iView MediaPro.

Please see attached pic for a test. I added two names to the pic: "Chewbacca" and "Han Solo".

As well there are two other screenshots which show the rendering of the names in iView and Apple's Preview.

The relevant data looks like this:

<rdf:Description rdf:about=""
            xmlns:mediapro="http://ns.iview-multimedia.com/mediapro/1.0/">
         <mediapro:People>
            <rdf:Bag>
               <rdf:li>Chewbacca</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Han Solo</rdf:li>
            </rdf:Bag>
         </mediapro:People>
      </rdf:Description>
   </rdf:RDF>

So it does appear to be an iView MediaPro XMP name space.  It could be supported by any application that chooses to support it.

Are we certain that this is the field that Getty wants?

-Kirk

Offline Russe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the Iview Media Pro 3 field persons
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 02:20:19 PM »
So it does appear to be an iView MediaPro XMP name space.  It could be supported by any application that chooses to support it.

Are we certain that this is the field that Getty wants?

Thanks for examination.
I'm not sure if this is what Getty wants but I would like it ;-)

This person field is very nice and handy to find people on pics within a bunch of photos. The way how iView supports it is really great, with one click you will get all pics of a person.
Since 2 years I'm looking for a replacement of iView but no other Software supports such a field ...
--
Russe

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
Re: Where is the Iview Media Pro 3 field persons in PM 4.5.3
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 01:41:06 AM »
Hello Kirk,

any chance we get the "person" field sometime soon? Soccer season is about to start next week and I don't want to spend money on FotoStation just to have that field. Some stock agencies require it compulsory. Any release of 4.6.1.1 around the corner?

HM

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Where is the Iview Media Pro 3 field persons in PM 4.5.3
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 06:34:49 AM »
HM,

any chance we get the "person" field sometime soon? Soccer season is about to start next week and I don't want to spend money on FotoStation just to have that field. Some stock agencies require it compulsory. Any release of 4.6.1.1 around the corner?

4.6.2 is coming soon, but there will be no 'person' field in it.  4.6.2 is bug fix release.  No new features.

-Kirk