Author Topic: File transfer, Rotate & Crop ...........  (Read 3287 times)

Offline quoggle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
File transfer, Rotate & Crop ...........
« on: February 10, 2010, 04:32:33 AM »
Hi there,

3 things I am after that are not in 4.6.3:

FILE TRANSFER - is it possible to include the 'file type selection' when Ingesting files to 2 locations. Primary location: My working hard disk, I want both the .JPG & .RAW (in my case .NEF) files. However, Secondary Location: I also ingest to a disk elsewhere on the network as 2nd back-up I would be happy only to transfer the .RAW (.NEF) files there.

ROTATE - this is the most common feature that I have to exit PM and go into PS to edit. A great time saver to include. By rotate I mean small corrections - so it needs to be applied in a window where the image is large or zoomed in so that it can be done accurately.

CROP - Have asked before on this. In CAD software I have used it is a 'variable' that can be set. Currently in PM it has only 2 digit capacity. EG. no option but to select the nearest ratio. I often want to crop in the same proportion as my output. A4 is 297 * 210mm - but I can only select 30 * 21. Annoyingly close as I still have to make an adjustment later.

Your consideration for inclusion in 4.6.4 will be appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:40:53 AM by quoggle »

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: File transfer, Rotate & Crop ...........
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:20:39 PM »
I second the crop and rotate opinions. I too had papers (well it was website actually) requiring a specific - and very much out of standard - resolution and aspect ratio that PM is unable to produce. It would be great to allow 3 or even 4 digit to enter for aspenct ratio, or at least to specify a few custom ratios in the preferences.

The file transfer part can be tricky as not everyone would like to use it this way. For example put RAWs to one place and JPGs to the other may be a more common way. or any other combinations. But the idea to specify such actions might help a lot of us.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com