Author Topic: Couple of 4.4.3 questions  (Read 4785 times)

Offline Junebug

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • pictures that tell a story
Couple of 4.4.3 questions
« on: June 14, 2006, 07:12:10 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I've moved ffrom Detroit and started a job in Wichita.

I'm now using the Mac and PC versios of PM.

1. Problem on a XP PC: Every time PM is started it says something like.. "Time for an update check...".  Version 4.4.3 was downloaded and installed... same erro mssage occurs. Any ideas?

2. Being not too bright, I have come back from multiple card shoots and ingested the same card twice. PM recognizes my error and renumbers the files.. 1234A, 1234B... something like that. Is there a preference or a way to have PM warn the user before downloading images with the same filenumber and renaming themm?

Jb.

Junebug Clark
Denton, TX
http://www.MooreClark.net

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Couple of 4.4.3 questions
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 08:05:18 PM »
I've moved from Detroit and started a job in Wichita.

I'm now using the Mac and PC versios of PM.

1. Problem on a XP PC: Every time PM is started it says something like.. "Time for an update check...".  Version 4.4.3 was downloaded and installed... same erro mssage occurs. Any ideas?

Go to the Help menu, choose "Software Update..." and then set the updates check period to something like "Every Other Week", or turn off the "Check for Updates:" checkbox altogether.

Quote from: Junebug
2. Being not too bright, I have come back from multiple card shoots and ingested the same card twice. PM recognizes my error and renumbers the files.. 1234A, 1234B... something like that. Is there a preference or a way to have PM warn the user before downloading images with the same filenumber and renaming them?

No way to warn, but if you turn on the "Incremental Ingest: copy new photos only" checkbox, you will not download files that have been already downloaded.  Problem solved and no need for a warning.

HTH,

-Kirk