Author Topic: Apply from Structured Keywords Panel directly into IPTC Info Panel?  (Read 5655 times)

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
I wish it was possible to enter keywords from the Structured Panel while I have the ITPC panel open to enter Captions, etc. Is there a functional reason this shouldn't be implemented (in an update)?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Apply from Structured Keywords Panel directly into IPTC Info Panel?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 02:24:44 PM »
I wish it was possible to enter keywords from the Structured Panel while I have the ITPC panel open to enter Captions, etc.

You can bring up the Structured Keywords Dialog from the IPTC Info and IPTC Stationery Pad Dialogs.  Just click on the popup menu to the right of the Keywords field and choose "Structured Keywords..." from the menu.

-Kirk

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 04:12:51 PM »
You can bring up the Structured Keywords Dialog from the IPTC Info and IPTC Stationery Pad Dialogs.  Just click on the popup menu to the right of the Keywords field and choose "Structured Keywords..." from the menu.

Thanks!!! I was trying to use the panel opened by going Image>Structured Keyword Panel (which actually seems like it might fit better under the "Tools" menu?). I didn't realize these were treated as different Panels.

Ric

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 07:48:18 PM »
Ric,

Thanks!!! I was trying to use the panel opened by going Image>Structured Keyword Panel (which actually seems like it might fit better under the "Tools" menu?). I didn't realize these were treated as different Panels.

The Structured Keywords Panel can be used standalone to apply keywords to selected files in the Contact Sheet.  It isn't what we would call a "Tool" which usually performs a very specific operation on a set of files.

-Kirk