Author Topic: Nikon D100 RAW preview distorted  (Read 3812 times)

Offline Boatguy

• View Profile
Nikon D100 RAW preview distorted
« on: February 24, 2008, 09:17:46 PM »
When I zoom a preview of a raw portrait image to 1x, it gets displayed as landscape and pixels are stretched accordingly, totally distorting the picture.  If I slide the zoom down to 1/4 it's clearly been transformed to landscape.

No problem with RAW shots that are already in landscape, or JPEGs of either orientation.

I've tried having the previews generated from RAW or embedded JPEG and it makes no difference, they get transformed to landscape and stretched.

Platform:  Mac OS X 10.5.2  PM 4.5.3

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Nikon D100 RAW preview distorted
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 09:37:00 PM »
When I zoom a preview of a raw portrait image to 1x, it gets displayed as landscape and pixels are stretched accordingly, totally distorting the picture.  If I slide the zoom down to 1/4 it's clearly been transformed to landscape.

No problem with RAW shots that are already in landscape, or JPEGs of either orientation.

I've tried having the previews generated from RAW or embedded JPEG and it makes no difference, they get transformed to landscape and stretched.

Platform:  Mac OS X 10.5.2  PM 4.5.3

Can you send me a sample image?  Click on my name to the left of this message.  Then click on the "personal message" link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Nikon D100 RAW preview distorted
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 03:12:04 PM »
I added a fix for this as part of 4.5.3.1, at least based-upon the sample D100 NEF you provided us.  I'm not sure what software touched this sample (View NX?) but rather than rotating the photo by simply changing the TIFF tag, the photo had the thumbnail rotated and an internal (Nikon Capture) rotation tag.

--dennis