Author Topic: Save RAW as RAW  (Read 9354 times)

Offline WimWenner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Save RAW as RAW
« on: February 28, 2008, 12:58:03 AM »
Seaking my way through a 1.500 RAW'S yesterday I missed the possibility to save them directly as RAW file (besides JPEG, TIFF and PSD). Perhaps not the first aim of PM, but it comes in handy sometimes.  ;)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save RAW as RAW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 06:41:03 AM »
Seaking my way through a 1.500 RAW'S yesterday I missed the possibility to save them directly as RAW file (besides JPEG, TIFF and PSD). Perhaps not the first aim of PM, but it comes in handy sometimes.  ;)

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say?  What would saving a RAW file as a RAW file do?

-Kirk

Offline WimWenner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 07:07:03 AM »
Just to keep images in RAW- or DNG-mode untill editing later in Photoshop. Now I can save a selection from PM only as jpeg, tiff or psd, while I a would like to do that in the original format. Of course I can manage it in PS, but not as quick as in your program... Thats's why.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 08:01:02 AM »
Just to keep images in RAW- or DNG-mode untill editing later in Photoshop. Now I can save a selection from PM only as jpeg, tiff or psd, while I a would like to do that in the original format. Of course I can manage it in PS, but not as quick as in your program... Thats's why.

I could see converting a RAW file to a DNG, but there really is no such thing as saving a RAW file as a RAW file.

-Kirk

Offline WimWenner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 08:18:09 AM »
Okay, as DGN will do too! Thanks in advance!

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 09:29:26 AM »
Sorry for jumping in here, but Wim, are you maybe just wanting to "Copy" the photo from one folder to another as you sort through them?
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline WimWenner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 01:36:25 PM »
Glad you jumped in, Kevin. I completely overlooked this way of working, used to select RAW's in Photoshop. This solves my problem, wanting to store the (relatively) smaller R-images (12.8 versus 36 MB as PSD). Thanks again, usefull forum here!

Offline antpix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 04:32:57 AM »
I would also definitely second this, as every caption I have at the end of it has copyright information, so the ability to add text to the beginning of the caption field would be a massive time saver.

Thanks

Ant

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 06:33:51 AM »
Ant,

I would also definitely second this, as every caption I have at the end of it has copyright information, so the ability to add text to the beginning of the caption field would be a massive time saver.

Maybe you're posting in the wrong thread?  This thread was about saving a RAW file as a RAW file...

-Kirk