Author Topic: Menu item keyboard shortcut  (Read 9917 times)

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
Menu item keyboard shortcut
« on: March 10, 2008, 03:10:12 AM »
Hi all,

I am using one feature that PM has that is to be able to select "Browse with Photo Mechanic" in finders menu (mouse right click) which open a specified folder in PM. One problem is that I cannot assign a keyboard shortcut for this action. Does anyone know how to assign a keyboard shortcut to a Finders menu item (Mac) or will this be available in PM (Mac).

Cheers,
Hilmar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Menu item keyboard shortcut
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 06:31:07 AM »
Hilmar,

I am using one feature that PM has that is to be able to select "Browse with Photo Mechanic" in finders menu (mouse right click) which open a specified folder in PM. One problem is that I cannot assign a keyboard shortcut for this action. Does anyone know how to assign a keyboard shortcut to a Finders menu item (Mac) or will this be available in PM (Mac).

I know of no way to assign keyboard shortcuts to Finder contextual menus.  There may be third-party tools that will allow this.

-Kirk

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 06:41:03 AM »

I wasn't aware of this feature, which sounds useful. How do I get "Browse with Photo Mechanic" into my contextual Finder menu? I'm also on a Mac.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 07:02:57 AM »
I am iterrested too (on a mac for just a few days)...
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »

I wasn't aware of this feature, which sounds useful. How do I get "Browse with Photo Mechanic" into my contextual Finder menu? I'm also on a Mac.

You can get the addition from here:

http://camerabits.fileburst.com/PM_Context_Menu.dmg

Follow the instructions contained in the disk image.  It works very well but it is unreleased software and I am looking for feedback on it and its instructions.  Let me know what you think.

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 10:31:44 AM »
Hi Kirk,

It is a great addon. One thing that I have to say though is that in the contextual menu finder you have to press "more" and then chose "Browse with PM". It would be better to have a shortcut key for this action or the possibility to go past the "more" to get to "Browse with PM".

If you have any ideas on how to achieve that than it would be great.

-Hilmar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 11:33:50 AM »
Hilmar,

It is a great addon. One thing that I have to say though is that in the contextual menu finder you have to press "more" and then chose "Browse with PM". It would be better to have a shortcut key for this action or the possibility to go past the "more" to get to "Browse with PM".

If you have any ideas on how to achieve that than it would be great.

You must be running Leopard.  On Tiger (10.4.x) the item appears on the main contextual menu.

Unfortunately I have no control over where it is located nor can I assign it a command key.  The Apple-provided API doesn't offer such features.

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 05:12:17 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I am really looking on how to achiecve this. Is it possible to have the "Browse with PM" in a shortcut/app which can be hot-keyed. It is a great addon to use this but a keyboard shortcut would make it perfect.

Any ideas?

-Hilmar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 05:52:14 PM »
Hilmar,

I am really looking on how to achiecve this. Is it possible to have the "Browse with PM" in a shortcut/app which can be hot-keyed. It is a great addon to use this but a keyboard shortcut would make it perfect.

Try searching for utilities on Version Tracker (www.versiontracker.com) or Mac Update (www.macupdate.com).

-Kirk