Author Topic: questions for 4.4.3  (Read 9656 times)

Offline Pixturethis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
questions for 4.4.3
« on: June 15, 2006, 06:06:27 AM »
Using on a macbookpro. Pm ver 4.4.3
os 10.4.6.
1. In the preview, the film strip is all ways on the bottom, is there a way to remove this?
2. When saving pictures to another folder, then moving the pictures back it doesn't ask to over right then, pm just renames them. Is there a way to over right them? I'm sure you don't want us to alter the originals. but I all ways work with copy's,  never the originals.
3. why is it that when you move the picture it doesn't move them but copy's them, then you have to delete them. isn't that what copy does?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: questions for 4.4.3
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 07:11:05 AM »
Using on a macbookpro. Pm ver 4.4.3
os 10.4.6.
1. In the preview, the film strip is all ways on the bottom, is there a way to remove this?

You can press 'F' to get a "full-screen" display which hides the thumbnails on the bottom and the controls on the right.  Pressing 'F' again will restore the display.
You can double-click on the splitter between the preview and the thumbnails and it will hide just the thumbnails.  Double-clicking will get it back.
You can grab the splitter and move it down until it collapses.  Command-dragging the splitter will resize in thumbnail-sized increments.

Quote from: Pixturethis
2. When saving pictures to another folder, then moving the pictures back it doesn't ask to over right then, pm just renames them. Is there a way to over right them? I'm sure you don't want us to alter the originals. but I all ways work with copy's,  never the originals.

No.  Why don't you move the originals then?  It sound like you want to work on them in another folder and then move them back to their original location.

Quote from: Pixturethis
3. why is it that when you move the picture it doesn't move them but copy's them, then you have to delete them. isn't that what copy does?

How is it then that it is a move?  That sounds like you're doing a copy.  How are you 'moving' the files, Copy dialog, drag and drop?

If you're using the Copy dialog, you have to check the "Move" checkbox.  If you're dragging and dropping the files, then moves can only be done on the same volume and you'll know when you're doing a copy because a '+' icon will appear on the drag.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Pixturethis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 07:41:27 AM »
Thanks, i'll give all that a try.
one more thing. I was in preview looking at pictures & hit some key that gave me the total # & the # of the picture I was on? like (135 of 425) it was next to the "zoom" on the top of the frame. what was the key that I hit?
Thanks again for a great program.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 08:08:55 AM »
Thanks, i'll give all that a try.
one more thing. I was in preview looking at pictures & hit some key that gave me the total # & the # of the picture I was on? like (135 of 425) it was next to the "zoom" on the top of the frame. what was the key that I hit?

When you have the "Selected" tab active in the thumbnail gallery then it shows "index" of "selection count".

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Pixturethis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 09:27:45 AM »
Thanks again.

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 04:29:34 PM »
Kirk, following on from this post. Is there any way, when in preview mode, to have the filmstrip at the side of the window instead of the bottom? Many of us work almost exclusively in vertical mode and it would make much more sense to have the thumbnail strip at the side and enable larger previews at the same time.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 05:12:05 PM »
Kirk, following on from this post. Is there any way, when in preview mode, to have the filmstrip at the side of the window instead of the bottom? Many of us work almost exclusively in vertical mode and it would make much more sense to have the thumbnail strip at the side and enable larger previews at the same time.

No, there is currently no way to make the thumbnails be vertical.

-Kirk

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 06:50:06 AM »

No, there is currently no way to make the thumbnails be vertical.

-Kirk

With wide screen monitors becoming more and more popular this would be a useful improvement....
Marc