Author Topic: Stationary pad won't retain data  (Read 4409 times)

Offline Pat Christman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Stationary pad won't retain data
« on: March 15, 2008, 11:20:22 AM »
Mac 10.4.11 G4 Powerbook and demo copy of PM 4.5.3.1

In previous versions of PM, when I would fill out the stationary pad and click Close Stationary Pad, it would save the data, so when I would go back to the pad all the fields would be filled in as I had filled them in before. In this version, when I go back to the pad, it is empty.

Is there something I'm missing? It doesn't seem to matter whether I load IPTC or XMP data from a saved file or use a snapshot, all the fields get cleared out when I click close.

Thanks,
PC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Stationary pad won't retain data
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 12:48:18 PM »
PC,

Mac 10.4.11 G4 Powerbook and demo copy of PM 4.5.3.1

In previous versions of PM, when I would fill out the stationary pad and click Close Stationary Pad, it would save the data, so when I would go back to the pad all the fields would be filled in as I had filled them in before. In this version, when I go back to the pad, it is empty.

Is there something I'm missing? It doesn't seem to matter whether I load IPTC or XMP data from a saved file or use a snapshot, all the fields get cleared out when I click close.

How are you closing the IPTC Stationery Pad?  With the red close button in the upper left corner of the window?  With the "Close Stationery" button?  Are any other preferences on your system being saved and restored (like Contact Sheet color settings)?

-Kirk

Offline Pat Christman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 01:38:39 PM »
I'm using the Close stationary button in the lower right corner. Other preferences I've set have been retained just fine, even after restarts.

PC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 01:56:03 PM »
Pat,

I'm using the Close stationary button in the lower right corner. Other preferences I've set have been retained just fine, even after restarts.

Are you using the classic IPTC dialogs, or the new resizable ones?

-Kirk

Offline Pat Christman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 02:16:24 PM »
"Use classic IPTC dialogs" is unchecked, so I guess I'm using the new resizable ones.

PC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 03:15:03 PM »
Pat,

"Use classic IPTC dialogs" is unchecked, so I guess I'm using the new resizable ones.

Well, that's pretty odd.  I am using the same dialogs on my system and the same version of PM and it saves and restores just fine.  If you want to get to the bottom of it, I can build you a debug version that will let me know what is going on in your particular system.

-Kirk

Offline Pat Christman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 03:46:26 PM »
If you have the time that would be great. I've been a happy PM user for years and am finally getting around to buying the new version for my personal machine if I can solve this. Thanks for all your help.

PC

Offline Pat Christman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 01:49:45 PM »
Kirk,
   Anything I need to do to get that build? I made an attempt at reinstalling PM to no avail.

Thanks,
PC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 02:00:13 PM »
Pat,

Anything I need to do to get that build? I made an attempt at reinstalling PM to no avail.

Not really.  It is me that would have to add the logging code and build you a special version.

Before I go and do that, please check the Console.log for any messages related to Photo Mechanic.  To view the Console.log, open up the Console application which can be found within the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.

-Kirk