Author Topic: Droplet Problem  (Read 7597 times)

Offline keydet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Droplet Problem
« on: March 16, 2008, 06:53:44 AM »
I've suddenly run into a problem with using droplets.  I've used them extensively in the past but after upgrading to a new machine and having to reinstall all of my apps, I consistently get an error.  Since I also upgraded to PM 4.5.3 at around the same time, I'm not sure what's to blame, so I'm trying multiple angles.  (I'm now using 4.5.3.1 and still have the problem.)

When running a droplet on a file or files, I get an error message in PhotoShop (CS3): "Could not run the droplet because the file could not be found."

Very helpful error message, I know.  Anyone else running into this problem?  I'm not aware of anything in CS3 that would cause this message (I've used these same droplets hundreds of times in the past with no problems).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Droplet Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 07:18:54 AM »
I've suddenly run into a problem with using droplets.  I've used them extensively in the past but after upgrading to a new machine and having to reinstall all of my apps, I consistently get an error.  Since I also upgraded to PM 4.5.3 at around the same time, I'm not sure what's to blame, so I'm trying multiple angles.  (I'm now using 4.5.3.1 and still have the problem.)

When running a droplet on a file or files, I get an error message in PhotoShop (CS3): "Could not run the droplet because the file could not be found."

Very helpful error message, I know.  Anyone else running into this problem?  I'm not aware of anything in CS3 that would cause this message (I've used these same droplets hundreds of times in the past with no problems).

What happens if you manually use the droplet via drag and drop in the Finder?  Does it work then?

-Kirk

Offline keydet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 06:48:53 AM »
I'm using Windows Explorer, but...drag and drop works just fine.  Droplet processes file correctly.   ???

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:55:30 AM »
I'm using Windows Explorer, but...drag and drop works just fine.  Droplet processes file correctly.   ???

Are these droplets generated from CS3 or from an older version?

-Kirk

Offline keydet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 02:20:06 PM »
CS3 - and just recently re-generated as well.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 05:14:02 PM »
CS3 - and just recently re-generated as well.

OK.  I'll get one of the support guys to check this out.

-Kirk

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 05:08:11 PM »

I tried to recreate this problem on my Windows XP machine, but I was unable to do so. Does the problem still occur if you create a new droplet? Are you running Windows XP or Vista?

-Jerry

Offline keydet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 01:41:44 PM »
Vista, and yes, it occurs with newly compiled droplets as well as the originals.

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 10:42:43 AM »
I wasn't able to recreate this issue on my Vista OS, either. The only problem that I ran across, was that I had to set the droplet's level of User Access to be the same as Photoshop, otherwise Windows Vista would not allow the droplet to run.

Unless you're still using the old action you created on the other machine, and that action is expecting the files to be located in a directory that no longer exists (on the new machine), then I'm not sure what the problem could be.

If you contact me by phone, I can walk you through a clean install of Photo Mechanic.

Support number: +1 503 547 2888

Regards,
Jerry