Author Topic: Comparing files: images in right window not sharp.  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Marko

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Comparing files: images in right window not sharp.
« on: March 17, 2008, 12:15:34 AM »
While comparing files, I noticed images that appear in the right window are not sharp.  Even when comparing the exact file, it still is less sharp, it this a known error?

(I just did a screen capture if you need it.)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:19:04 AM by Marko »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Comparing files: images in right window not sharp.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 06:31:55 AM »
While comparing files, I noticed images that appear in the right window are not sharp.  Even when comparing the exact file, it still is less sharp, it this a known error?

(I just did a screen capture if you need it.)

I'd like to see that screenshot.  Post it on this thread please.  Use the "Additional Options..." link when you compose your message.  It will allow you to upload a JPEG.

-Kirk

Offline Marko

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 11:32:48 AM »
Here it is.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 12:28:22 PM »

I looked at your screenshot at full resolution (I downloaded it and then viewed it full screen) and I don't see much difference between the two images.  You're only seeing 22% of the original image information.  You can't truly judge sharpness until you're looking at 100% previews.

One image is obviously darker than the other but sharpness?  I can't tell a difference...

The same code draws both images.  I don't see how it could be any different.  Are both photos extremely sharp at 100%?

-Kirk

Offline Marko

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 01:01:59 PM »

I looked at your screenshot at full resolution (I downloaded it and then viewed it full screen) and I don't see much difference between the two images.  You're only seeing 22% of the original image information.  You can't truly judge sharpness until you're looking at 100% previews.

One image is obviously darker than the other but sharpness?  I can't tell a difference...

The same code draws both images.  I don't see how it could be any different.  Are both photos extremely sharp at 100%?

-Kirk

At 100% they look the same.  Perhaps it's an optical illusion related to the white background on the second image, I have no idea.  Thanks for looking into it.

M.