Author Topic: Lost ability to create a new folder during PhotoShelter upload?  (Read 6817 times)

Offline random

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Just downloaded and installed the newest version of PhotoMechanic (4.5.2), and as usual, I'm loving it already!
However, I seem to be missing the option during the upload (in my case to my PhotoShelter account) now to create a folder for the images to go into?  I used that all of the time in previous versions.  Just curious, why was that omitted now that Digital Railroad upload has been added?

Thanks in advance,
-Denny
Random Photography

Offline Bill Kelly

• Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Lost ability to create a new folder during PhotoShelter upload?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 07:23:20 PM »
Hi,

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it seems to work for me.

The Archive Folder menu, in addition to displaying already existing folders, should also allow a new foldername to be typed in.  The images will be uploaded into that folder, and the folder will be created if it didn't already exist.

If your Archive Folder menu is not allowing you to type in a new foldername, there is definitely something wrong.

Hope this helps,

Bill

Offline random

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 07:48:15 PM »
Bill,
  OK...I feel really stupid now.  Just went back to the upload dialogue, and realized that the default size for the dialogue box was smaller than I had previously had it, and didn't notice the scrollbars on the right hand side.  I scrolled down, and the familiar folder entry box was still there.  My bad (and stuipd).  I apologize for the false alarm, and thank you guys once again for the awesome customer response and assistance!

Offline vassing

• Newcomer
  • Photojournalist
    • View Profile
    • Morten Vassing│Photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 09:15:54 AM »
Don't feel bad. I made the exact same mistake and got wiser from reading this post. So you're not alone...   ;D
Morten Vassing│Photojournalist - COPENHAGEN│Denmark - Nikon D3│MacBook Pro │ Mac OS X (10.8)│PM5

Offline robbennett

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 09:07:28 AM »
same here. had the same problem. Thanks for posting.

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 01:20:06 PM »
I just used the File Uploader for the 1st time and the same thing happened to me. Glad I was able to find the solution in the Archives! My dumb, but at least I'm not alone.