Author Topic: Photo Mechanic IPTC fields missing need help?  (Read 5921 times)

Offline photomech355

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photo Mechanic IPTC fields missing need help?
« on: March 17, 2008, 06:02:05 AM »
I have Photo Mechanic installed on my main PC and have just recently installed it on my laptop as well (both Version 4.5.3 on windows XP). On my main PC, when i enter the IPTC Stationary Pad I have all the extra fields displayed "Contact Web URL, Contact Phone" etc, but when i open up the IPTC stationary pad on my laptop i get a cut down version with a lot of the fields missing.

I've checked the preferences but can't find the option to display the fields when in IPTC. Does anyone have any ideas how to get them back?

Many thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photo Mechanic IPTC fields missing need help?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 06:35:50 AM »
I have Photo Mechanic installed on my main PC and have just recently installed it on my laptop as well (both Version 4.5.3 on windows XP). On my main PC, when i enter the IPTC Stationary Pad I have all the extra fields displayed "Contact Web URL, Contact Phone" etc, but when i open up the IPTC stationary pad on my laptop i get a cut down version with a lot of the fields missing.

I've checked the preferences but can't find the option to display the fields when in IPTC. Does anyone have any ideas how to get them back?

Sure.  Open up the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog.  Click on the IPTC/XMP tab.  Uncheck the "Use classic IPTC dialogs" checkbox.  OK the Preferences dialog.

That should do it.

-Kirk

Offline photomech355

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:53:35 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I'm afraid i've tried that.  I reset the settings to default, applied the change and rebooted PM but no luck.  The "Use classic IPTC dialogs" option is unchecked when default settings are applied.

Could it be picking up something from an older version of PM?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:27:42 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I'm afraid i've tried that.  I reset the settings to default, applied the change and rebooted PM but no luck.  The "Use classic IPTC dialogs" option is unchecked when default settings are applied.

Could it be picking up something from an older version of PM?

Are you certain that you're running 4.5.3 on this particular machine?  What does the about box say the version number is?

-Kirk

Offline photomech355

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 04:24:53 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Its definitely version 4.5.3 I'm running, just tried an uninstall/reinstall but am still getting the same problem.  I also tried applying the "Use classic IPTC dialogs" option but it makes no difference to the appearance of the stationary pad.  I'm guessing that my problem is that PM is stuck in the classic dialogs mode for some reason.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 06:16:13 PM »
Its definitely version 4.5.3 I'm running, just tried an uninstall/reinstall but am still getting the same problem.  I also tried applying the "Use classic IPTC dialogs" option but it makes no difference to the appearance of the stationary pad.  I'm guessing that my problem is that PM is stuck in the classic dialogs mode for some reason.

Are other preferences that you change, "sticking" (being saved and restored)?

-Kirk

Offline photomech355

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 05:39:39 AM »
Hi Kirk,

No, its just the "Use classic IPTC dialogs" option that appears to be sticking.  I installed the latest version 4.5.3.1 to see if that sorts out the problem but no luck. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 06:39:21 AM »
Hi Kirk,

No, its just the "Use classic IPTC dialogs" option that appears to be sticking.  I installed the latest version 4.5.3.1 to see if that sorts out the problem but no luck. 

Contact me directly by clicking on my name to the left of this message and then click on the "personal message" link.  Give me your contact information and a best time to call and I will call you and see what we can learn by my directing you to examine settings on your system.

Thanks,

-Kirk