Author Topic: A few requests...  (Read 4331 times)

Offline hsaphoto

• View Profile
A few requests...
« on: March 17, 2008, 08:55:38 PM »
Hello Kirk,

I have become the PhotoMechanic "teacher" for the staffers at my paper ever since one of my stringer colleague convinced management to switch to PM. We purchased I believe 15 or so licenses and I’ve been giving 2-3 hours individual classes to my colleagues since early January. A few topics and questions arose from theses classes. Here is the rundown.

1-Could it be possible to include in the “FTP As” dialog box an option to create a dated folder in the “Save a copy of transmitted photos” feature, exactly as in the Ingest dialog box.  This way sent images could be copied into dated subfolders under the Sent Images folder.

2-Could it be possible to create an option to have snapshots in the “Save As” and “Copy” dialog include the destination folder.
We could, with one click, save or copy images into different destination folders, without having to manually choose the destination folder every time by making different snapshots for our needs.

3-Is it possible to have an option to have a small indicator of the ingest progress in the title bar or somewhere in an empty space of the toolbar, something really simple (just a colored progress bar maybe) This way, (if wanted) no need to switch to the ingest window (always behind the main one) to look at the progress.

We are using MacBookPros with OS 10.4 and some stringers are on 10.5

Thanks for considering our requests.

Best regards,

Hugo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: A few requests...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 10:07:35 PM »
Hugo,

I have become the PhotoMechanic "teacher" for the staffers at my paper ever since one of my stringer colleague convinced management to switch to PM. We purchased I believe 15 or so licenses and I’ve been giving 2-3 hours individual classes to my colleagues since early January. A few topics and questions arose from theses classes. Here is the rundown.

1-Could it be possible to include in the “FTP As” dialog box an option to create a dated folder in the “Save a copy of transmitted photos” feature, exactly as in the Ingest dialog box.  This way sent images could be copied into dated subfolders under the Sent Images folder.

2-Could it be possible to create an option to have snapshots in the “Save As” and “Copy” dialog include the destination folder.
We could, with one click, save or copy images into different destination folders, without having to manually choose the destination folder every time by making different snapshots for our needs.

3-Is it possible to have an option to have a small indicator of the ingest progress in the title bar or somewhere in an empty space of the toolbar, something really simple (just a colored progress bar maybe) This way, (if wanted) no need to switch to the ingest window (always behind the main one) to look at the progress.

We are using MacBookPros with OS 10.4 and some stringers are on 10.5

Thanks for considering our requests.

Some of the above requests are going to be in the 4.6 version of Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk