Author Topic: Strange thumbnail on contact sheet and preview  (Read 2236 times)

Offline MarcoDG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Strange thumbnail on contact sheet and preview
« on: March 18, 2008, 09:13:15 AM »
Hi,
I have time to time a strange image on the contact sheet and preview. See files. This occurs after saving the image for the first time. I work on image on photoshop cs3 10.0.1.
I'm running PM on a macPro, os10.4.11. PM version 4.5.3.1.
And if I save the image again with another name it is the same. I can open and keep working on the image without any problem. The high res image is fine. Do you know haw can I ask PM to regenerate the thumbnail and preview ?
thanks
Marc.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Strange thumbnail on contact sheet and preview
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 10:48:11 AM »
Marc,

I have time to time a strange image on the contact sheet and preview. See files. This occurs after saving the image for the first time. I work on image on photoshop cs3 10.0.1.
I'm running PM on a macPro, os10.4.11. PM version 4.5.3.1.
And if I save the image again with another name it is the same. I can open and keep working on the image without any problem. The high res image is fine. Do you know haw can I ask PM to regenerate the thumbnail and preview ?

It wouldn't make any difference.  It is regenerated each time you open up the contact sheet (unless you have your cache setup to keep files around).  It is likely that QuickTime (which we use to render PSD files) just isn't capable of rendering that particular PSD file without issue.

-Kirk