Author Topic: Rotate in crop mode -> a couple of requests  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Denis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rotate in crop mode -> a couple of requests
« on: April 12, 2015, 09:59:16 AM »
In my workflow (sport photography), I use PM to do the cropping since it is so much faster than LR.  Cropping and rotating has been considerable improved over the years, but I have a couple of feature request:

• The first one is to, when the crop frame is rotated, replace the 1/3 grid with a finer grid. This would allow to align the rotation with various horizontal / vertical lines better.
  • The next one would be to, again when rotating the crop frame, rotate the image instead of rotating the frame.  This is a more natural approach as the user (me!) tend to relate to the physical screen border for references.

Thanks.

Denis

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rotate in crop mode -> a couple of requests
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 08:14:36 PM »
Denis,

In my workflow (sport photography), I use PM to do the cropping since it is so much faster than LR.  Cropping and rotating has been considerable improved over the years, but I have a couple of feature request:

• The first one is to, when the crop frame is rotated, replace the 1/3 grid with a finer grid. This would allow to align the rotation with various horizontal / vertical lines better.
  • The next one would be to, again when rotating the crop frame, rotate the image instead of rotating the frame.  This is a more natural approach as the user (me!) tend to relate to the physical screen border for references.

While we could optionally put a smaller grid on the crop while rotating, it is not likely we'll rotate the image itself instead of the crop.

-Kirk

Offline Denis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Rotate in crop mode -> a couple of requests
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 06:03:03 PM »
Hey, one out of two... that'd be pretty good!  ;-)