Author Topic: Replacing Bridge: Cropping and Leveling?  (Read 4459 times)

Offline Fried

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Replacing Bridge: Cropping and Leveling?
« on: May 05, 2008, 03:19:16 PM »
Hi Everyone

I am looking to replace Adobe's Bridge and PhotoMechanic comes highly recommended. In looking at my current workflow, it appears PM does everything I currently use Bridge for except perhaps how I level and crop.

I'm a sailing photographer and so all images need to have their horizons adjusted. Currently, I open a set of NEFs in Bridge using ACR, then for each image I: (1) use the level tool to set the horizon (2) draw a proportional crop box (3) save the NEF as a PSD file (not preserving cropped pixels).

Is there a way to use PM in this manner and if not, how would you recommend modifying my current workflow to accomplish the same tasks?

Many thanks!
Fried Elliott
www.friedbits.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Replacing Bridge: Cropping and Leveling?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 03:23:39 PM »
Fried,

I am looking to replace Adobe's Bridge and PhotoMechanic comes highly recommended. In looking at my current workflow, it appears PM does everything I currently use Bridge for except perhaps how I level and crop.

I'm a sailing photographer and so all images need to have their horizons adjusted. Currently, I open a set of NEFs in Bridge using ACR, then for each image I: (1) use the level tool to set the horizon (2) draw a proportional crop box (3) save the NEF as a PSD file (not preserving cropped pixels).

Is there a way to use PM in this manner and if not, how would you recommend modifying my current workflow to accomplish the same tasks?

There is currently no way to rotate the image (other than in 90 degree increments) prior to setting a crop.  So you would still need an external editor application at this time to complete your workflow.

-Kirk