Author Topic: considering move to mac??  (Read 4824 times)

Offline tomoc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Cloudview Images
considering move to mac??
« on: March 22, 2008, 03:34:05 PM »
I'm seriously considering ditching my 3 pc's for macs... anyone think PM works better or worse on macs?

Did my original DL include a mac version??? If not, is there a charge to switch?

thanks,

tom
Tom O'Connell
Cloudview Images

TomOC@earthlink.net
www.CloudViewImages.com

Offline jimb

• View Profile
Re: considering move to mac??
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 03:58:34 PM »
I'm seriously considering ditching my 3 pc's for macs... anyone think PM works better or worse on macs?

Did my original DL include a mac version??? If not, is there a charge to switch?

thanks,

tom

Like most photo/graphics software, it just works better on a Mac. There are some differences in the PM Mac version, mostly small additions that help productivity. One major difference is that you can use Spotlight to find images. Not quite a database, but better than being limited to the PC-version's Find dialog.

You can switch to the Mac version under the license terms, and it is a separate download (check the announcements forum for the specific location).

Offline tomoc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Cloudview Images
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 05:06:04 PM »
Thanks... seems about 50-50 on firms that will allow a "free" OS switch... It's a big leap, but iPhone is convincing me to do it <g>

cheers,

tom
Tom O'Connell
Cloudview Images

TomOC@earthlink.net
www.CloudViewImages.com

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 05:25:44 PM »
Hi Tom,

I use to use only PC´s since being a kid. When I started working at my bank one of the designers came and said. "You are a photographer, so why are you using PC". Him being a Macster I really had no answers other than, "Just because." He convinced me to try a Mac and I haven´t looked back since. It is faster, much better color control and really photo and design are made for Mac.

I know it´s like getting a new wife and if you are happy with the old one you can always look at it as a little fling. I do think though that you will dump the ex and marry a new lifetime partner. I actually have a PC at my work where I have PM installed and have to access it sometimes. The Mac side is so much better. Makes one think why they make PC´s at all ; )

Join us : )

-Hilmar
Iceland

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 09:55:29 PM »
tom,

Your original download did not include a Mac version, but you can download the Mac OS X version from our server.  There is no charge to switch.

-Kirk