Author Topic: Original Image Size in IPTC  (Read 3147 times)

Offline mbrown

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Original Image Size in IPTC
« on: March 23, 2008, 04:19:19 AM »
Good Evening Kirk,

I was wondering if there is an option to display the original image size in the IPTC i.e 3000 x 2000.  Or even automatically embed the info.

Example: We upload images to our gallery online which shows all of the IPTC info etc, but because we resize the image first, the gallery info shows the size of the resized image rather than the original image.  We would like our clients to be able to see how big the potential image is.

Mick Brown

P.S. Apologies for swearing at you under my breath, as I posted this over a week ago and got no response, I just looked again and noticed I put it under the Quantum support forum.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Original Image Size in IPTC
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 06:34:51 AM »
Mick,

I was wondering if there is an option to display the original image size in the IPTC i.e 3000 x 2000.  Or even automatically embed the info.

Example: We upload images to our gallery online which shows all of the IPTC info etc, but because we resize the image first, the gallery info shows the size of the resized image rather than the original image.  We would like our clients to be able to see how big the potential image is.

The best way would be to use the IPTC Stationery Pad during Ingest.  Put the following in any field you like:

Width: {w}, Height: {h}

... and make sure the 'apply' checkbox next to the field is set to on (is checked.)

That will get the width and height put into the image before you do your resizing which should stick with the image throughout its lifetime.

HTH,

-Kirk