Author Topic: problems saving IPTC stationary pads  (Read 4125 times)

Offline buz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
problems saving IPTC stationary pads
« on: March 25, 2008, 03:51:29 AM »
Have problems trying to save IPTC stationary pads for different countries. I open the IPTC stationary pad from under the "image" tab and enter all the relevant data I need for that country. I then save it as e.g. new zealand.  I then close the IPTC stationary pad then open it again. Clear the contents and enter the relevant data I need for a different country and save that as e.g. nepal. The problem is when I've loaded the new zealand IPTC stationary pad all the information entered onto the nepal IPTC stationary pad as being written to the new zealand IPTC  pad. To sum it up no matter how I have saved the IPTC stationary pads, snapshot or the "save" button. What ever I have added or deleted in one IPTC stationary pad is  duplicated in the other? What am I doing wrong?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: problems saving IPTC stationary pads
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 07:07:36 AM »
Have problems trying to save IPTC stationary pads for different countries. I open the IPTC stationary pad from under the "image" tab and enter all the relevant data I need for that country. I then save it as e.g. new zealand.  I then close the IPTC stationary pad then open it again. Clear the contents and enter the relevant data I need for a different country and save that as e.g. nepal. The problem is when I've loaded the new zealand IPTC stationary pad all the information entered onto the nepal IPTC stationary pad as being written to the new zealand IPTC  pad. To sum it up no matter how I have saved the IPTC stationary pads, snapshot or the "save" button. What ever I have added or deleted in one IPTC stationary pad is  duplicated in the other? What am I doing wrong?

Have you tried using the "Load" button or the Snapshot button to load your saved IPTC Stationery Pads?

-Kirk

Offline buz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 01:30:11 PM »
Yes I have tried using the "snapshot" button. I have saved the files under the "snapshot" and open them under the "snapshot" still getting this cross contamination. I have also tried using the load and save button but still the same result?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 02:31:19 PM »
Yes I have tried using the "snapshot" button. I have saved the files under the "snapshot" and open them under the "snapshot" still getting this cross contamination. I have also tried using the load and save button but still the same result?

And you're saving to differently named files?

-Kirk

Offline JerryL

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 06:39:04 PM »
Hey, Kirk -

Long time no talk!

I've also run into issues with the stationary pad (SP).  Sometimes, while doing copy/paste with key words in the single-line edit box, PM will just quit (not even a Dr. Watson).  This is under WinXP.  Other cases in which I thought I'd edited keywords, and then saved the SP to a file, the file will be missing keywords altogether.  Not easy to repro, though last night, I was able to watch PM just quit (and I mean disappear instantly) 8 or 9 times.

The only things I was editing were captions and keywords, but extremely goofy.  This was under version 4.5.2.

I've now upgraded to 4.5.3.1, and you'll find another post from me on that version...

Cheers, dude!
Jerry

Offline buz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 02:19:55 AM »
Hi Kirk, yes I have saved them under different named files. I am currently running XP windows and PM 4.5.3.1 . Maybe I will try and reload PM and see what happens?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 06:15:55 AM »
Hi Kirk, yes I have saved them under different named files. I am currently running XP windows and PM 4.5.3.1 . Maybe I will try and reload PM and see what happens?

Sure, you could try that if you'd like.  What I would like to see is your individual snapshot files.  If you hold down the shift key while you choose one of your snapshots from the popup menu, then Windows Explorer will come forward and show you the selected snapshot file in the filesystem.  The rest of your IPTC Stationery Pad snapshots should be nearby. I would like for you to Zip them up and send them to me so I can take a look at them.  Contact me privately by clicking on my name to the left of this message and then click on the "personal message" link.  I will respond with instructions on how to send me the files.

Thanks,

-Kirk