Author Topic: Observations from a new user  (Read 6480 times)

Offline MBlue72

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Observations from a new user
« on: March 26, 2008, 10:50:31 AM »
Hello:

I am a new user of Photo Mechanic and just wanted to make a comment about PM and this forum.

After testing PM during the trial period, I purchased the software and will be incorporating it as the new front end of my workflow. I also am using Expression Media (formerly iView Media Pro) for DAM and Capture NX/PSE5 for editing. I will use PM for ingesting, culling and rating my JPG+RAW files. I may or may not use it for IPTC entry -- I may stick with xMedia for that. I am running into a few questions and possible problems but those will be the subject of separate postings if I need help.

The real purpose of this thread is to comment on the wonderful support given by Kirk and others here. I have been active with personal computers "from the beginning" (over 25 years now) and I must say I have never seen support like what's given here! The help is very timely (I am wondering when Kirk sleeps!) and very positive, constructive and complete. I have also been impressed with the lack of "rants" and "flaming." Since I have been mostly happy with xMedia, I really struggled with justifying an expenditure of $150. But one of the main reasons I ultimately purchased PM is the support given by Kirk and many of you users here in these forums. It really is amazing. It not only shows a big committment from Camera Bits, but also shows what you/we have here is truly a "community."

Congratulations. 

Dave

Offline Brendan

• View Profile
Re: Observations from a new user
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 11:59:19 AM »
word!
using the latest version of PM on win10

Offline MBlue72

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 03:00:14 PM »
Ummmm ... Huh?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 05:28:13 PM »
Ummmm ... Huh?

I think he was agreeing with the original poster...

-Kirk

Offline Brendan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 09:00:26 AM »
yes, he did.
using the latest version of PM on win10

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 02:21:17 PM »