Author Topic: Code replacement enhancement -- add keywords  (Read 6536 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Code replacement enhancement -- add keywords
« on: March 31, 2008, 08:25:06 AM »
Code replacement is a powerful tool, but it could be enhanced if could also add keywords.  Let me explain.

Suppose I have a CR file containing:

pmanning <tab> Peyton Manning  Football  New York Giants  Quarterback  Offense

After I've processed my images with this CR file I often find myself searching the files for "Quarterback" and then adding "Quarterback" to the keywords, then searching for "New York Giants" and then adding "New York Giants" to the keywords, and so on.

It would be much less cumbersome if the CR process could automatically add keywords like this:

pmanning <tab> Peyton Manning  Football  New York Giants  Quarterback  Offense {Quarterback, New York Giants, Offense}

Words in the braces would be interpreted as keywords.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Code replacement enhancement -- add keywords
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 08:33:50 AM »
Deven,

Code replacement is a powerful tool, but it could be enhanced if could also add keywords.  Let me explain.

Suppose I have a CR file containing:

pmanning <tab> Peyton Manning  Football  New York Giants  Quarterback  Offense

After I've processed my images with this CR file I often find myself searching the files for "Quarterback" and then adding "Quarterback" to the keywords, then searching for "New York Giants" and then adding "New York Giants" to the keywords, and so on.

It would be much less cumbersome if the CR process could automatically add keywords like this:

pmanning <tab> Peyton Manning  Football  New York Giants  Quarterback  Offense {Quarterback, New York Giants, Offense}

Words in the braces would be interpreted as keywords.

I'd rather not use braces since they mean 'variables' in all other areas of the application.

So what you're wanting is that when you enter \pmanning\ in some other field like Caption that the words in the braces would be automatically entered into the Keywords field as well?

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 09:26:33 AM »
Yes, exactly  :)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 06:49:38 PM »
Kirk,

It would be handy if the CR feature would also work with only keywords and no text.  IOW:

pmanning <tab> [keyword1, keyword2, etc.]

Essentially this would allow one to enter keywords from any text field which I think would be very powerful and save a lot of keystrokes.

Deven