Author Topic: Find and Replace Idiot's Question  (Read 4997 times)

Offline Gadifer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Find and Replace Idiot's Question
« on: March 31, 2008, 04:45:43 PM »
I may be missing something obvious so please bear with me. I just tried to do a Find and Replace to replace "Quebec" with "QC" in the IPTC States/Provinces field but the replacements aren't taking place. I assumed it would search through all the photos in the highlighted Navigator Directory but that doesn't seem to be the case when I highlight the Pictures folder in Mac OS X 10.5.2. When I do a search for the photos with Quebec in the States/Provinces field the photos I want to modify show up but the Find and Replace function is grayed out. Am I doing something wrong or not understanding this function?  ???

Thanks,

Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Find and Replace Idiot's Question
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 07:50:49 PM »
Marc,

I may be missing something obvious so please bear with me. I just tried to do a Find and Replace to replace "Quebec" with "QC" in the IPTC States/Provinces field but the replacements aren't taking place. I assumed it would search through all the photos in the highlighted Navigator Directory but that doesn't seem to be the case when I highlight the Pictures folder in Mac OS X 10.5.2. When I do a search for the photos with Quebec in the States/Provinces field the photos I want to modify show up but the Find and Replace function is grayed out. Am I doing something wrong or not understanding this function?

The Find and Replace functionality only works with the images in the current Contact Sheet.  Open the folder that you want to work with first, then do the Find and Replace.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Gadifer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Find and Replace Idiot's Question
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 04:28:47 AM »
Thank you for your prompt response Kirk. I'll make good use of this function.