Author Topic: Previews showing up in wrong order  (Read 5189 times)

Offline bhetzler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Previews showing up in wrong order
« on: April 01, 2008, 03:11:56 PM »
I'm sure I'm just missing something simple, but after upgrading to 4.5.3.1 when I ingested the cards from my two cameras (which I have checked the clocks on and they are correct) today the files in the contact sheet appeared in capture time order (as I have selected) but in two groups.  The first group were from one camera with file names starting with _MG_XXXX, so all of the files from that camera showed first, then the files from the second camera (with files names beginning with _O6JXXXX) were shown--again in chronological order.  So why are all of the files not showing in capture time collectively?  This has not been an issue before the upgrade.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Previews showing up in wrong order
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 03:58:37 PM »
I'm sure I'm just missing something simple, but after upgrading to 4.5.3.1 when I ingested the cards from my two cameras (which I have checked the clocks on and they are correct) today the files in the contact sheet appeared in capture time order (as I have selected) but in two groups.  The first group were from one camera with file names starting with _MG_XXXX, so all of the files from that camera showed first, then the files from the second camera (with files names beginning with _O6JXXXX) were shown--again in chronological order.  So why are all of the files not showing in capture time collectively?  This has not been an issue before the upgrade.

What are the capture times of the first two images from each sequence?  Please list the full date and time in your reply.

-Kirk

Offline bhetzler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 05:54:01 PM »
In the _MG sequence (which appear first in the contact sheet): (1) 17:25:27 on 3/31/2008, (2) 17:25:27 on 3/31/2008

In the _O6J sequence (and these appear after the 56 images from the _MG camera): (1) 15:57:47 on 3/31/2008, (2) 15:57:48 on 3/31/2008

Thanks Kirk!

Offline bhetzler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 06:34:47 PM »
Kirk, I don't know if this will be of any help or not, but I also have a new contact sheet open (which has the photos I am going to use in our newspaper tomorrow) and several of the photos have been copied from folders from the past few months.  I have "capture time" selected for the sort method and two of the images I shot today show up before images I shot in January, February and March.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:09:11 PM »
Kirk, I don't know if this will be of any help or not, but I also have a new contact sheet open (which has the photos I am going to use in our newspaper tomorrow) and several of the photos have been copied from folders from the past few months.  I have "capture time" selected for the sort method and two of the images I shot today show up before images I shot in January, February and March.

Do you have the "Reverse sort" checkbox checked?  If so, try un-checking it.

-Kirk

Offline bhetzler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 10:57:54 PM »
Nope, not checked.  All my settings appear to be where they were before I upgraded.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 11:11:10 PM »
Nope, not checked.  All my settings appear to be where they were before I upgraded.

Are you running Photo Mechanic on Mac OS X or Windows?

-Kirk

Offline bhetzler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 12:01:11 AM »
Mac OS X.4.11

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 12:20:53 PM »
Try the following:

In Preferences/Contact Sheet, set Labels to Filename + one label.  Then put the following in Label 1:

{dats}{tmsl}

Then take a screenshot showing your sort menu (which should say "Capture Time") and photos from two cameras that aren't sorted by time (e.g. same time range for two different cameras).  Please send me a private message with this screenshot.

Thanks.

--dennis

Offline bhetzler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 01:07:42 PM »
Thanks Dennis.  Message is on the way.

Byron

Offline bhetzler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile